TI 2009 Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jgschatz, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgschatz

jgschatz Registered Member

Situation:

I am running Windows XP Pro with SATA disks and AHCI and T1 2009 build 9646. All hard drives have passed CHKDSK

I have been using TI 11 succesfully for almost a year with no problems. All my backups are with TI 11 and are on external eSATA and USB drives

Problem:

I uninstalled TI 11 and installed T1 2009 build 9646. When I attempt to do full or incremental backups they work OK but when I attempt to validate them I receive an ERROR BAD SECTOR on the disk I have stored the backup

Also, on a random basis when I launch TI 2009 I also receive an ERROR BAD SECTOR on the disk I want to backup

In both case I have rerun CHKDSK. It completes succesfully an indicates that previously unallocated space has been marked as free space

PLEASE NOTE THAT BEFORE INASTALL OF T1 2009 build 9646 ALL DISKS WERE ok

I would appreciate some insight on the situation

2. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Did you run chkdsk, chkdsk /r or chkdsk /f?

3. jgschatz

jgschatz Registered Member

I used /r
    XP pro Recovery Console does not support a /f

4. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Okay that is good to eliminate that. Chkdsk /r fixed problems I had. I suggest that you try the Acronis live chat next.

Do not bother with emailing them unless you dont mind waiting weeks or never getting a response. The live chat is not too bad, but I the last time I used it, the system told me that the next operative would be with me in 6 minutes - in fact it was 45 minutes later. It was like getting blood out of a stone but they did solve my issue.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jgschatz,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Create support case and send the following information:

Download Acronis Report utility available at http://download.acronis.com/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us? Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip) and attach to your message by browsing for the archive. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.