TI 2009 only one known bug - the product rocks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Faust, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faust

Faust Registered Member

To date I have only been able to find one bug with TI 2009 in relation to my hardware/software. Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 returned a runtime error when using one of the modules - create slide show. Actually this bug is documented by Roxio who even provide a fix which entails downloading an uninstaller from MS. It was a bit of a faff to uninstall every reference to Sonic and Roxio and various other measures required before I could install it again. Although it is a known bug, as it wasn't there previously and has only happened since a restore I have to conclude that TI might be the culprit.

In ever other respect TI 2009 really is the business and I have to take my hat off to Acronis for making such a first class product :D :D

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Great news!
    It would however be interesting if you could set out in some detail how you have it set up and which features you use.

I have been put off trying it because I have read that I would be unable to schedule full images to a secure zone on a secondary drive. I have no wish to use incrementals or diffs. The thought of "consolidations" and the time and space taken is something to be avoided.

My needs are simple in terms of backing up my main drive. I just want to schedule them to happen every day from within Windows so that I have built up a sequence of images going back over time.
    Version 10 gives me that with no manual intervention needed at all. Automatic FIFO handles the image backup management . Can 2009 provide the same ease of use and completeness?

Xpilot

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You are lucky to have found only one bug. With worse luck you might have looked where other folks have found other bugs. ;)

4. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Well first off I was very careful to make sure my system was clean of any remnants of previous versions before I attempted an install - this worked perfectly, no install issues.

As for how I have it set up - keep it simple is always the best policy in my book. I never use SZ as I found it to problematic with both version 10 and 11, it really messed up my external drive when I tried to get rid of it and I ended up reformatting the entire drive to rid myself of SZ.

As for backups - I set scheduler to back up once a week on different days to two different drives, one external one slave. That way I always have two backups as insurance done on different days. 2009 will only do the one full backup followed by incrementals or differentials and consolidate after a set number, the amount is up to the user. This I find is quite good enough for my needs. As for consolidation taking a long time - to be honest I haven't noticed any difference. I have mine set to consolidate after three backup jobs, this took place on one drive last weekend and I didn't realise it had happened until later as the speed of backup just seemed the same.

For me hardware compatibility has been the greatest thing with TI 2009 - backups and restores are at last very quick with my computers hardware - it used to be a right mare with both 10 and 11.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Thanks for the extra information. I will definitely stick with Version 10 as long as it works on my hardware.

I do like the ability to store several generations of full backup images all maintained quite automatically.
    My only manual chore is to swap over main drives once a week followed by a restore of the latest image.

Xpilot

6. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Yes I think we have covered this before - I know you have some fancy HD caddy's that sit on the front of your PC and are easily swappable. The nearest I have to that is the Personal Medial Drive on the front of my HP. However, as said before to swap the internal drives would be a 30 minute job (minimum) on hands and knees under the desk. In any event my Maxtor OneTouch 4 has back up software which backs up my data every day including any changes since last backup and keeps an archive of 10. That then is two full image backups from Acronis done weekly and data by Maxtor done daily - I think that is more than sufficient for my home use needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.