TI 2009 Install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by billyeins, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billyeins

billyeins Registered Member

Just downloaded True Image 2009. Should I install it over my current version (10.0) or do a clean install. Also, not sure if the downloaded file is complete as I had problems downloading. File I have is 86.6MB. Thanks!!

2. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

The manual states that you can install over the previous version.

Did you get the download version, if so, when you are installing it you will get an option to download the manual in PDF format, I recommend you to download it because there is a lot of good information.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you install over your prior version, don't expect any tasks you made with the prior version to run or be editable. Given that, there isn't much reason not to uninstall the prior version before installing the ATI12/2009, although it will install over the old and "uninstall" the old program files -- that is, you'll see only one instance of ATI after you install ATI12/2009 over a prior version.

4. tuttle

tuttle Guest

What if you install into a new directory? Will ATI12/2009 install "in parallel" so that you would retain a working older version as well as the new version?

5. shieber

If you start getting fancy with it you're bound for headaches. It doesn't want another version trying to run the same services at the same time. At best they won't both work. At worst both installations will be irretrievably mucked up.

6. TweakHound

TweakHound Registered Member

I did, and would highly suggest a clean install.

7. mustang

mustang Developer

That is good question. In the past it was a no no. However, with TI Home 2009, Acronis has given the snapman and tdrpman services unique names bases on the build number of the driver. It is possible they did this so different versions of TI could be run side by side. It would be nice if we could get Acronis to tell us what their intent was here.

TweakHound,

Did you install TI Home 2009 over TI11 or did you install it in a different directory to try to keep both version running? And, what was your result?

Tuttle,

Perhaps you could try this and let us know the result. Just make a backup before you install TI Home 2009. The results could be ugly.

8. TweakHound

TweakHound Registered Member

Uninstalled 11, installed 2009.
    IMHO - Any program of the size and importance of TI should always be done with a clean install. Experience has taught me that there are too many possibilities for errors (now or in the future) if you don't. It only takes a few minutes to uninstall and reboot.

9. shieber

I didn't see a problem installing over a prior version, however, trying to have two vesrions installed on one machine, that's something else.

As the working diregories change from one version to the next, you can end up collecting these -- like the change from using subdir name "truimage" to "trueimagehome" in the Progam files\Common files and Docs and setting\Allusers\Acronis directories.

Registry settings will tend to accumulate also.

If that's a concern, then you probably wnant orun the ATI cleaner tool afer uninstalling the older version before you install the new -- or at least run ccleaner, which won't get all the old and orphaned reg entries, but it will help.

So

10. A J kadashevich

A J kadashevich Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.