TI 2009 Backup continuously fails

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by simpleone71, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simpleone71

simpleone71 Registered Member

I am running TI 2009 on Vista 32 bit SP 1 on a laptop with 2 internal drives and trying to backup to a western digital my book 1 TB drive on usb 2.0. Each time I run it, it gets thru with step 1 of 4 and then as it begins 2 of 4, it gets an error that operation failed.

Operation with partition "3-0" was terminated.
    Details:
    <indent>Read error (0x70003)
    Tag = 0x2CBDD167CBCA94F3
    Snapshot read failed. (0x10C45A)
    Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AD30
    The parameter is incorrect (0xFFF0)
    code = 80070057)
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8B9</indent>

I have ran chkdsk and even reformatted the external drive. I have also tried another external my book drive and it gets the same error. I have the latest build of TI (9709). I have looked on this forum and tried some other suggestions (turn off power saving, make sure drive caching is on, turn off system restore points), but nothing has helped. Does anyone have some things for me to try so that I can backup?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Since this is a READ failure, I'd suspect one of your two source drives as having a problem and not the external drive.

1. Run CHKDSK with the /R parameter on all the drives. i.e. CHKDSK C: /R

2. Try making an image of each partition/drive separately to the external drive. Which operation succeeds and which fails.

Further evidence that the problem is with one of the internal drives and not the external drive.

Let us know what happens when you try these operations.

3. simpleone71

I don't believe it is the drives since they are both new (the laptop is new; but of course I know new stuff can be bad also). But I also have another backup program by Genie-soft that is able to back up both drives. I didn't run chkdsk (yet), cause I didn't want to run several possible fixes and then not know which item was the real fix. I backed up just the c drive and it worked. I backed up just the d drive and it got stuck where it looked like it was complete, but Vista said that Acronis had stopped working and my only option was to close it. When I went back into TI it claims that the backup of d drive was successful. So I have started another backup of drive d, cause I don't feel comfortable with it hanging in Vista like that. If it does end normal this time, I will fire off a full laptop backup and see what happens. I don't feel that it will be successful, since I haven't changed anything at this point. If it fails I will then run chkdsk on both drives with option r. I'll keep everyone posted so this might help someone else too. Any other ideas or suggestions will be tried and appreciated.

4. simpleone71

Well, the 2nd time I ran the backup on drive d only, it did finish successfully. So then I fired off the full backup of both drives and it FAILED! It is very strange that it can back up each drive separately, but if I include them both, it fails. It failed with the same error message as included in my original post. I will try to run the chkdsk tonight on all drives. In the mean time, any other suggestions? I'll be surprised if the chkdsk solves this problem since it works if I back up the drives separately.

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I'm pretty sure there was another topic about backin up more than one physical drive simultaneously - might have been two or three weeks ago. I don't know the outcome though.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello simpleone71,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please let us know the results at your earliest convenience. If the backup fails, please download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report and attach to your post.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.