TI 2009 and IOCELL/ximeta NetDISK

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AnthonyN, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyN

AnthonyN Registered Member

Hello,

Is there any plans to support IOCELL's/ximeta NetDISK as a network attached disk directly from the TI rescue CD?

When attaching I get a successful connection response. But I never see the additional drive letter.

I know it requires a special (LPX) protocol. So, I can see that may be an issue.

If not, can someone tell me which NDAS is directly supported bu the rescue CD?

I'm running XP Pro. The NetDISK is attached to a gigabit switch that all the PCs are connected to as well. The switch downlinks to a 100mbit router for the connection to the internet.

Thanks in advance

2. AnthonyN

AnthonyN Registered Member

Is there no one else using TI2009 and an NDAS?

After talking to Acronis support, I believe they intended to support this device from the bootable media (recovery CD). However, I am having some issues with this setup. Even after Support sent me an updated ISO for the CD.

I have two PCs and an NDAS on a network. Both PCs running XP Pro SP3. Both PCs have no trouble at all with the NDAS while in Windows.

From this point on, all operations are from one PCs persepective when booted from the TI Bootable Media (Rescue CD).

• Each PC can see the other on the network.
    • Each PC can see shares on each other.
    • Each PC when booted with the CD, can validate their archives on the NDAS when the other PC shares the NDAS from within Windows.

Both PCs have slightly different issues after mounting the NDAS.
    • PC1 - can mount the NDAS, and displays the mounted NDAS drive. However, archives fail to validate.
    • PC2 - successfully mounts the NDAS. However, the NDAS drive never shows up in the list, so I can not even select an archive.

There are workarounds for this situation, by accessing the NDAS archives as published shares from the other PC. However, it looks like Acronis intended to provide the ability to access archives on the the NDAS directly from the bootable CD.

I'm posting this in an effort to supply Acronis some documented issues, in the hope that it helps make this setup work as intended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.