TI 12 Build 9709 OK, 9796 causes problems.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Wallace, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wallace

Wallace Registered Member

I have been using TI v12, build 9709 since it was released without any problems. I thought that I would try the latest build 9796. Mistake.

For some reason it kills my network. I have absolutely no idea why nor what I can do about it. It does not appear to be a firewall issue as I have fully disabled that (ESET Smart Security v4.0.437).

I can load web pages OK, but Google Talk fails to sign in (no network connection).

If I restore to a previous TrueImage backup pre build 9796, all is OK. I have tried installing it several times and always have the same problem with Google Talk afterwards.
    I am currently "stuck" with build 9709.

Has anyone else suffered network problems after installing this build?

PS. I have tried to search but nothing relevant came up.

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Wallace,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The problem is that Microsoft Lanman Server has a fixed limit on the quantity of filters it supports. Since Acronis product installs some filters to work, the total number of filters can exceed the server's limit. The same problem may occur after installation of an Antivirus product.

To resolve the issue please increase the IRPStackSize value in the registry:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. Type regedit, and then click OK.
    3. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

4. In the right pane, double-click the IRPStackSize value.

If the IRPStackSize value does not already exist, use the following procedure to create it:

- In the Parameters folder of the registry, right-click the right pane.
    - Point to New, and then click DWord Value.
    - Type IRPStackSize.

5. Change the Base to decimal.
    6. In the Value Data box, type a value that is larger than the value that is listed.

If you created the IRPStackSize value using the procedure described in step 4, the default value is 15. It is recommended that you increase the value by 3. Therefore, if the previous value was 11, type 14, and then click OK.

7. Close the Registry Editor.
    8. Restart the computer.

If the problem persists after you complete the preceding procedure, try to increase the value of IRPStackSize even more. The maximum value is 50 (0x32 hex).

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. Wallace

Thank you for the reply.

I will try it out and let you know how I get on.

4. Wallace

Well, sort of works. IRPStackSize did not exist at all in the registry so I created it as per your instructions.

However, Google Talk now works OK but it appears that the DNS servers are not. I am unable to resolve any address'. I can PING OK.

If I TrueImage back to the image I saved just prior to installing build 9796, all works OK. Build 9796 breaks something.

5. fishmaster

fishmaster Registered Member

Surly you didn't come up with that on your own aye...(snicker)...This is more in referenced to PagedPoolSize or "shares" That's not always an answer to to address most networking issues caused by faulty drivers...now about looking at the BSOD issue here:https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1509309#post1509309

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  6. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

The posting from Acronis support is a very good first step in identifying the problem. Although the following link to Microsoft KB177078 targets antivirus software it applies to many other applications as mentioned and has worked for me and it may provide additional details.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177078

7. fishmaster

Well...I confess, the referenced article intrigued me enough to look at another issue I have (another product) with that in mind. I'll acknowledge credit on that. No mention of Vista though...in the article or the OP.

However, I don't think the above compensates enough for bad coding in drivers as referenced by me and a couple others in my thread.

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Given the rude and disgusting way you refer to the support people, if I was running the group you would be a long, long way down the queue.

9. fishmaster

Yah...maybe..Didn't much care for the for the email support and having to do their beta testing trouble shooting either..nor did I care for the scripted answers. or about the time I wasted and the bsod for supposid rtm'd software.
    This is NOT the first time Acronis has had an issue with their software that left me pretty well sol for months at a time.

Personally I could care less for personal support on my own issue. What I do care about is that they fix their bugs!! A little ownership of ...ok..we have a problem and we are working on it may be kinda nice too.

But, I'll concede that sometimes I allow my frustration to get the better of me and I express it. I'll give them some stink at times...I'll also give them praise too when they get it right
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=215008

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.