TI 11/VISTA 64/Intel i7-install issue??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by eyecenter, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyecenter

eyecenter Registered Member

I just downloaded & installed Home 2009 on a new Dell Vista 64/Intel i7 system.
    The install seemed to run normally. On opening TI I get the TI splash screen, it scans the drives, the main TI GUI then opens, it immediately greys out and I get the message that "there is a problem with this program, Windows will close the program and inform you if a solution is found". TI then closes.
    I have uninstalled with Acronis cleaner, reinstalled- same result.
    I'm wondering if this is related to Vista 64 security settings, or an actual problem with install/compatability.
    Anyone have any experience with this problem?
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Do you have TI11 or TI 2009 Home? If the old numbering system was continued, the latter would be TI12.

3. eyecenter

eyecenter Registered Member

It's TI Home 2009.

4. workaholic

workaholic Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, including manually deleting registry entries, 3 times! Nothing will make it work.

I contacted their support area and I have to admit that they've been very helpul but to no avail. I've even gotten an ISO file and made a boot disk that will use a Linux environment (to eliminate any probs that might be due to Vista) and although I can get into the program and start a back up, it stalls out and wont' finish the job.

Still waiting for a solution or my money back. But its been a week now and although I have asked every day for the past 4 days what the refund process is they continue to try to solve the problem and won't actually tell me if I am going to get my money back.

7 days and counting.... still no working program.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

eyecenter,

Please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build #9709). You can find out the build number by making right-click on the installation package -> Properties -> Version -> File version. The last digits will show you the build number.

You can download the latest build after logging in to your account, if the license is already registered, or you should register the license first.

Also, please do the following:

1. Temporally disable Windows User Account Control (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account On or Off -> Uncheck “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer".

2. Try to launch the program.

3. Temporally disable your Anti-Virus software (including Firewalls).

4. Try to launch the program.

This will help to localize the issue.

workaholic, I am unable to interfere right now, if you will be completely ignored, let me know the case number via PM.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.