TI 11 Try&Decide - SecureZone Options?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vango44, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vango44

vango44 Registered Member

After playing around a little with the new Try & Decide feature which seems to work well I have a question.

I have an automated task that is slowly filling the SecureZone with backups.
    The Try & Decide feature works by using the SecureZone.
    It would seem that there is a requirement to be able to set aside a certain portion of the SecureZone for the Try&Decide feature so that it isn't full.

I know that newer backups overwrite older backups automatically in the SZ but I don't see how I can effectively use Try&Decide without some way to reserve space for it unless this is done automatically?

Did I miss this setting?

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Nope. You didn't miss anything, the Acronis programmers (or perhaps the marketing folks that pulled the program from the programmers too quickly) did.

Basically, you can use the SZ for one thing or the other but, as yo noted, usijng it for backups mean it will fill and generally not be available for T&D. Also note that the Try and Decide reverts at reboot, so if the progr you are test installing requires a reboot as part of its installation, T&D won't work.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello vango44 and shieber,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

There are two possible scenarios:

1. Acronis True Image 11 Home checking free space on Acronis Secure Zone prior to activation of Try&Decide feature and there is no free space. In this case you will be prompted to increase the size of Acronis Secure Zone.

2. There were enough free space to start Try&Decide feature but all free space was used at some moment. In this case you will be prompted to accept or discard changes.

Our Development Team is working to improve Try&Decide tool functionality and possible some new features will be included in the next versions of the product.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.