TI-11 List All The Defects Here

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pluskey, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pluskey

pluskey Registered Member

I have become fed up with all the run around with Acronis Tech support. I have been a loyal customer and enthusiastic recommender of their products, up to now.

I am going to list here all of the defects in TI11 I have found. If enough people complain, maybe Acronis will fix their product.

1. Scheduled tasks just stop running. There is no indication in the log as to why they stop. Acronis tech support just asks for an upload of system information, and then there is no fix.

2. Anything that causes a backup problem aborts the entire backup. An open or otherwise locked file, possibly a bad sector or other problem, and the backup just aborts. You would expect a problem file to be just skipped (and logged), not the entire backup to abort. Tech support says that is just the way it works, and they might fix it in the future

3. An incremental backup job will not be password protected, even with a password specified in the job, if you don't first run BY HAND a full backup with the same password. TI9 and TI10 would always enforce a password on the archive. If you copied out your accumulated backups to an archive, like a DVD, and deleted the ones on disk, TI9 and TI10 would just start over creating a full (and password protected) backup automatically the next time the job runs. It worked before, Acronis broke it!

4. Archives are NOT encrypted. The following is from the TI11 data sheet just downloaded today" NEW! Password-based archive encryption Losing your backup drive does not mean that your important data could be seen by anyone who found it" Not true, as confirmed by Acronis tech support. TI9 and TI10 did not encrypt, or say that they did, just password protected to make opening difficult. If you had suitable software, you could break in to the archive. TI11 was sold as encrypting, but it is a lie!

What to do?

Tech support does nothing except apologize. Maybe if the other loyal users start ranting, maybe they will see they are at risk of losing their customer base. I switched from Stompsoft PC backup because of their poor tech support and defective releases, I will do it with Acronis when I find a product that works.

Any suggestions for products that actually work, and have responsive tech support? Don't talk about Ghost - they're even worse!

2. dwhite

dwhite Registered Member

5. Does not honor "Backup Policy" -- on the Backup Policies window you can set the "Create new full backup after x incremental/differential backups". Doesn't matter what you enter; it just keeps on creating incremental or differential backups forever. I set mine to 6 and currently its up to 9 with NO full backups (except the very first time). I "officially" reported this last week to Acronis and have received no response.

I also experienced issue #1 and just gave up and started using Windows Scheduled Tasks.

3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Just move on. It's defective software. There's no recourse such as a fixpack or a refund or even a believable response from the vendor. Consider it time and money wasted and move on elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.