TI 11 Home corrupted my disk(s)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bh213, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bh213

bh213 Registered Member

I just bought and installed TI 11 Home on my vista 64 machine. I also created boot CD and the rebooted. Boot CD seemed to work, so I reboted, but windows wouldn't boot anymore.

Error:
    Windows\system32\winload.exe
    status 0xc000000e
    Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I have (had?) two 750gb disk configured as dynamic disks with two partitions. First one had windows system files, the second one was mirrored (to second drive). Remaining space on second drive was used for yet another disk.

Both disks are SATA, configured as AHCI running intel matrix storge drivers.
    I cannot even get window CD to find the old instalation. What bothers me the most is that I did nothing except install TI. Any ideas what to do?

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I don't know what to suggest what you do now. But TI 11 does not support dynamic disks. Even so as all you did was install and create a CD I have no idea what happened to your system.

If you can get into any kind of boot mode or rollback the best thing to do is uninstall TI as it will not work on your dynamic disk system.

Xpilot

3. bh213

bh213 Registered Member

Actually, I found the problem. TI install marked (corrupted) my dynamic disks as foreign. I had to go into vista repair (vista cd), load intel storage drivers, go to command prompt, use diskpart to import disks and run repair startup. Then system booted.

After I uninstalled TI, I had to repeat the whole process.

Never though that installing backup software would break my machine. I requested refund and I think I'll try using vista backup...

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

After you repaired the system, and uninstalled Vista, you will probably find that the boot CD will work fine for manual Backup and Restore. And if that's all you need to do, then there is no need to re-install TI.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Vista backup is a bit odd in how it stores the files, but it should work.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.