TI 11 freezing when using rescue disc

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kiwi-wombat, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwi-wombat

kiwi-wombat Registered Member

I have used True Image since version 7 and have always been happy with it. I also have Disk Director Suite.

I recently purchased an upgrade (via net download) to take me from v10 to v11 (build 8027). I can make back ups quite happily but it is when I use the Rescue Disk I have trouble

When I start my Pc with the TI 11 Rescue Disk in the drive, it boots OK and the menu comes up correctly. If I select Disk Director it works OK, however if I select True Image, the computer freezes as soon as that loads. Can't use mouse or keyboard

Has anyone esle had the same problem or know a solution?

Thanks

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

There are some suggestions in the sticky .... the one with the command: quiet = acpi off noapic or something like that.

3. port50side

port50side Registered Member

I have a thread today on this but in summary:

At the Acronis emergency disc boot page press F11 and key in after the existing word <quiet> the following command "acpi=off noapic", click OK and then try to launch. By the way no need for the " when keying in the command.

It worked for me.

Regards

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If that doesn't work and you use a USB mouse and/or keyboard you can also try the USBMOUSE=OFF parameter.

Again if using a USB or Wireless setup via a hub, that may also cause a problem.

5. kiwi-wombat

kiwi-wombat Registered Member

The noapic didn't work. I presume "noapic" isn't a typo because the "apic" has the same letters as "acpi" just rearranged.

I tried USBMOUSE=OFF and that didn't work either. I pressume that was supposed to be typed after the word quiet as well

I use a Microsoft Wireless Confort Keyboard 1.0A and a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0A. I do have a broadband wireless hub/router (Netgear DG834G) but the computer I am using is acting as the server no remote so the Wireless snsor is hard wired to the computer

At the end of the day why is this necessary. My setup works well with TI 10, so why not with 11. I created the rescue disk to include Disk Director Suite and the mouse works on that

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

kiwi-wombat, please do the following:

- Boot the computer from Acronis True Image 11 Home Bootable Rescue CD and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to choose "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and choose the "Full" option;

- As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make a shots of the system output.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.