TI 11 "Email Notification not working"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DS3, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DS3

DS3 Registered Member

I have been working with Acronis support for over a week now attempting to get the "E-mail Notification" in TI 11 to function. Can't get the "Send test email to work". I have tried the following:
    1. Inserted brackets, quotations etc. on the initial e-mail addy
    2. Left the login name blank and or password alternately.
    3. Turned off firewall...temporarily...during testing
    4. Using a recommended ISP (e.g. www.inbox.com) which does not require SSL/TLS
    5. Also tried using and NOT, the additional e-mail perameters.

After clicking the "Send test e-mail message", the little clock icon spins for approximately 10 to 15 seconds then produces the message "Cannot send test e-mail. The possible reason might be incorrect e-mail settings". This should not be brain surgery. Can anybody help?

Thanks!

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

When you turned off the firewall, did you just use the disable option form the systray or actually disable it as a service in Services?

The distinction is quite important, as the systray option will still leave the background service running.

Which firewall/AV software are you using?

Do you have any other software utility that runs in the background?

Is RPC enabled and running as an automatic service?

Are you running a non standard home email client? For example I use PocoMail, which often causes problems with other programs that call email - though Acronis doesn't have any problems with that. Is it possible that something is closing blocking whichever port TI is trying to use to send email?

I know this should be standard, but for example I use port 5100, 5200 and 5101 through AVG mail scanner.

Colin

3. DS3

DS3 Registered Member

I did use the sys tray icon to shut down. I use Zone Labs Zone Alarm. The service appears to have stopped along with the sys tray action. I believe Zone Labs labels the service True Vector Internet Monitor. The only other weapon of choice is Web Root's Anti Spyware. My RPC is running and set for automatic. I'm not running anything out of the norm for e-mail clients. We POP our mail through our Outlook Client with COX.NET Thanks for the quick reply...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DS3,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.