TI-11 build 8053 Scheduled Tasks and E-mail Notifications

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bruce Mahnke, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

At the risk of being redundant in that these issues have been covered previously, I decided to give this new build some time to check the results, hopefully with some improvement noted.

Running Win XP Home, SP2 and installing TI-11 Home, build 8053 I set up a scheduled task to run at 4:30 AM and an e-mail notification to be sent only in the event of a failure of the task to run. In build 8027 the task might run as expected but generally it would not. When a scheduled task did not run the e-mail was not sent. Checking the log there is nothing to indicate that an attempt was made. A cosmetic issue regarding the progress bar not displaying properly has also been mentioned by myself and others.

Conclusion:
    I believe that speculation had it that the problem(s) was/were somehow related to Vista. I can assure you that it is true of Windows XP also. Using build 8053 I find that there is no improvement. The results are the same as I indicated above. Very disapointing that nothing was addressed with this update. TI-10, build 4942 did not have these issues. Perhaps I will return to it once again.

Bruce

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I have mine set to tell me it's completed a schedule - and once I remembered to make an exception in my firewall (Sunbelt) -it worked. Though I've noticed that if it can't send the email for any reason, such as no connection or blocked by the firewall, it just gives up with no error message in the logs.

I'll set it to notify on error and see what happens.

Colin

3. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Thanks for the comments. I hadn’t considered the firewall (using ZoneAlarm Pro). I may play with that. It doesn’t give any problems using Outlook, Outlook Express or Thunderbird for e-mails. This problem only started to occur with TI-11. Versions 9 and 10 worked correctly. I have a friend with TI-11 and he is experiencing the same thing sometimes it will work but most of the time it does not.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.