TI 11 Build 8052 & Intel Matrix Raid (ICHR8)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vango44, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vango44

vango44 Registered Member

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I received an ISO from Acronis of the Boot CD (full version) that appears to fully support my Matrix Raid.

I tested validating archives and I backed up a partition on the mirrored Raid to the Secure Zone which is on the striped raid and recovered successfully.

I was also able to access and validate an archive on my NAS network drive.

Hopefully, a public release will follow shortly but for those who haven't made a BartPE image to support their Intel Raid, build 8052 seems to work for me.

2. stephenv2

stephenv2 Registered Member

I'm having the exact same problem and have to restore a machine ASAP - did you have to call paid support? Regular email support has been slow - last question i asked took 4 days.

Why won't they make this available? It's a pain all previous versions have seen RAID drive on Intel ICHR controllers, but of course, you can't downgrade as the 11 image files won't open.

They could simply list it an unsupported hotfix.

3. vango44

vango44 Registered Member

I don't actually NEED to do a restore yet so I'm not feeling the same pressure however I'm actually quite happy with their support so far.

We exchanged about 5 e-mails over several days and I tried 3 different builds of the boot image. Each time they wanted the system text files which makes me wonder how tailored the build is to my particular hardware.

4. stephenv2

I already gave up. I had to restore tonight, so I broke my RAID for the time being as I have enough room. Lost my Win64 boot but no big deal. I could not find info on the site as to the support hours for paid support.

The only problem is now my RAID is turned off, so if they have to tailor a build, I can't do it. What a mess.

5. stephenv2

PS. How "tailored" could it be? There are only 3 or 4 Intel chipsets that would be an issue and every version of Acronis has worked before 11.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

11.8040; 11.8045; 11.8048; 11.8052 that I know of. There could be more out there. Eventually, when they get a build that's reasonably solid and works on the various platforms, it will be released onthe update page of the website. For now, Acronis is only releasing the iso files on case by case basis.

I wonder why they don't just list all the various isos on the update page, along with some notes as to what it addresses compared to the 11.8027 build, so folks can try the diff versions if they want. I think that might save everyone a lot of time.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We would like to inform you that the build 8053 of Acronis True Image 11 Home has been just released and is available at Updates section of our official web site. If you have any hardware support issues with the standard boot disc created with build 8027 it is strongly recommended to update to the latest 8053 and create new bootable rescue media. If you still have any issues with the latest build please submit a request for technical support. Provide the complete description of the problem you encounter and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.