TI 11 (Build 8043) Slow Restore, Boot CD, Ext USB Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thodgson, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thodgson

thodgson Registered Member

I am using TI 11 Build 8053 on a machine with a 60GB HD. I did a backup in under an hour to an external USB 2.0 HD - pretty fast.

Restoring to the same exact drive and other hardware with the boot CD is incredibly and painfully slow. What gives? o_O

I tried the startup parameters "quiet acpi=off noapic" but that did not help at all.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Never heard of TI-11 build 8043. There is a build 8053 however.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

That's usually due to bad Linux drivers for the USB chipset on your computer.

You can try other builds (8053?) or wait for the next build and see if it's better.

You can make a BartPE or VistaPE boot disk which uses the Windows drivers. Although the drive boots a bit slower than the TI recovery disk, it does use Windows and those drivers, so it may be close to the Windows speed.

4. thodgson

thodgson Registered Member

Re: TI 11 (Build 8053) Slow Restore, Boot CD, Ext USB Drive

Sorry, it's build 8053 - typo.

I'll try the BartPE disk method.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thodgson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post with drive in question connected and powered on.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Registered Member

have the same problem with incredible, incredible slow file-restore with the rescue CD
    I am working on integrating a 3rd party Acronis T 11 plugin into winbuilder/LiveXP for my own personal use....but its defintly a LOT of work involved.

I think Acronis would do good to revise their recovery-CD, we are not talking about exotic hardware here. For example i have two internal SataII drives which run on Intel ICH9 controller in "IDE" mode. So those dont need any special drivers at all. But the file-restore with Acronis was like 10x slower than a normal copy, i am talking 20hrs for 260GB data.

Its not really the best thing if Acronis recommends their end-users to mess with winbuilder/bartpe...not everyone has the knowledge and requirements. Eg. building a LiveXP/BartPE on Vista64 is *extremely* involved.

They could (IMHO) have a VistaPE/WinPE compatible bootable LiveCD NOT on Linux based with their software and full functionality (including volume mounting)..if a skilled end-user can build such a CD...why cant Acronis offer their customers? This seriously affects the use of Acronis TI since i dont think its feasable and "sellable" to have those extremely slow restore rates.

In the meantime: Check "winbuilder" and "Mustang's Acronis plugins", it definitly works if you build a "VistaPE" bootable CD with those plugins.

G.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.