TI 11, better late than never?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Howard Kaikow, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I have been using TI 11.8053 on a Vista notebook for nearly a year.

Any reason why I should not upgrade to 11.8101?

2. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

If 8053 is problem free for you then there's nothing to be gained. 8101 did solve a significant issue for me though.

3. Howard Kaikow

It's not possible to know whether any version of such software is problem freee, until it is too late.

If I ever have to recover a file or drive image, one cannot predict what will happen. Heck, but a more recent version might also introduce bugs.

I guess I'll flip a coin a few times, and hope that the coin does not land on it's edge.

4. Earthling

Sorry - didn't occur to me you might not ever have put it to the test. A good way to put your mind at rest is to create a small partition at the end of the drive, stick a few files on it, and then test TI's backup and restore.

5. Howard Kaikow

I've used .8053 to restore the C drive after Symantec techies screwed it up.

I use the Compare Drives programs to compare the backed up drives with the actual drives. Unfortunately, Vista changes a lot of stuff during the time the backup is running, so compares for an OS drive are harder to analoyze than back in the daze of Windows 2000.

6. Earthling

Would doing it from the CD get around that?

7. Howard Kaikow

If you mean backing up from the CD, then I expect so.

8. Howard Kaikow

Hey, Howard, it's almost 07:00, way overdue for you getting to bed, you are not thinking straight.

Even when backing up from the CD, when one reboots, there still will be differences between what's on th eOS drive and the backup media, as I expect that lots of changes occur with a reboot in Vista.

Howard, get outta here, go to bed!

9. Doug_B

Doug_B Registered Member

I've stuck with 11.8053 for a while and see no reason to upgrade to 8101 (much less ATI 2009). Note, however, that I do all my backups and test restores with a BartPE disk (Mustang's plug-in). I was also in this same mode (and also using BartPE) when I was using ATI 9, sticking with 3677 instead of upgrading to 3854.

Stable / It Works = Don't Mess With It. Probably applies more to ATI than any other program I use.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.