TI 11.0 schedule error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by GrayGhost, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Registered Member

I am running Winxp home. I set up a scheduled backup on TI 11.0. At the scheduled time the backup started. The report for the backup says an error occurred, I don't know what the error is, so don't know how to fix the error. I did a defragment and scan disk on both, source and target and tried again, still, get error but no explanation of error.
    How is one to correct with no indication of what the error is?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello GrayGhost,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 11 Home

First of all please make sure that you are using the latest build of the program 8101. Check it in Help -> About. You can always download the latest build of the program from your account under Registered Products.

If the issue persists update Acronis scheduler using the following article

If the issue still remains please attach the error log file to your next reply (tools -> logs). I may also recommend you download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 and test it.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. GrayGhost

I am using TI 11.0 Home, build 8,101. When I scheduled a backup, it asked about a password. I did not enter a password as no one else uses the computer. Is a password needed to get the backup to complete without an error.

4. Acronis Support

Hello GrayGhost,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The program requires Windows authorization for a scheduled task execution. That is why you should enter your account name and password both to let Acronis True Image 11 Home log in to Windows with Administrator's rights and execute a scheduled task.

The procedure is obligatory, and you are not able to miss it.

In other words, you should leave the username generated by our software and type the password you use to log in to Windows. If you don't have a password to log in to Windows, you should leave the password fields empty.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. GrayGhost

I do not use a password to boot up. I am able to mount the backup file that I am trying to backup data to without the use of a password. However when I schedule the backup to the file, it asks for a password. I assume since I didn't enter a password when I scheduled the backup, is why I get the error.
    I don't use passwords to boot up. If I can mount the backup file without a password, why do I need a password to add a scheduled backup of data to backup file.

6. Acronis Support

Hello GrayGhost,

What is the build number of your Acronis software? You can find out the build number by selecting "Help" option, "About".

Also, please obtain the log file of the failed operation and attach to your post.

- Start Acronis True Image;
    - Select Tools -> Show log;
    - Choose the log entry which contains errors;
    - Click on the diskette icon, choose the location (folder) and save there;
    - Attach the log file.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. GrayGhost

I am using Acronis TI 11.0 Home, build 8,101.

Attached Files:

8. Acronis Support

Hello GrayGhost,

What is the destination place for the backup archive creation? If it is network drive then when you map the drive, it becomes mapped only under your Windows account. Acronis True Image runs its tasks using the system account and so it is sometimes impossible to locate your mapped drive (especially when you are logged off). Please use the full UNC path (e.g. \\server\share\) instead of the mapped drive.

If it’s an internal drive then updating scheduler will solve the issue. See my post above.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

9. GrayGhost

I do not use any passwords to boot up. The destination of the backup is an external HD directly connected to the C drive tower. When I did the backup of the C drive there was no request for a password. I am trying to schedule a data backup to that backup and being told there is an error due to no password. I don't use a password to boot at all. There is no log on log off via password. Seems to me the password should be an option, if one is wanted then enter one, if not then don't enter one. But again the initial backup for the C drive did not ask for a password so why would a data backup to that backup need a password.

10. Acronis Support

Hello GrayGhost,

It looks like you have created password-protected backup. If a password has been set for a backup archive and is now lost or forgotten, then there is no way to retrieve or disable it. Can you please attach a screen shot of the password request?

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture in JPEG format being preferable.

As workaround create another backup archive and see if the issue persists with that one.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

11. GrayGhost

TY for your response. I will try to do another full backup, but first I will need to learn how to delete the first one. I will then again to see if the problem continues.

12. Acronis Support

Hello GrayGhost,

You can delete the archive from within the program, also you can delete the archive file by means of Windows Explorer.

To resolve the issue please re-start Acronis scheduler, it appears that the scheduler service has been installed improperly.

- Download a special Acronis utility;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following commands in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr task zap
    schedmgr service stop
    schedmgr service uninstall
    schedmgr service install
    schedmgr service start

This should delete all Acronis tasks on the PC. You should manage your tasks from the scratch. Execute a backup operation and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

13. GrayGhost

I have run your suggested removal of the scheduled task. I have also run a full backup. No password was requested. Under the options I have not set up a password to protect the backups. Today I started to setup a scheduled backup for a differential backup. Again it asks for a password. I did not use a password for the full backup. I did not complete the scheduled backup setup due to it asking for the password.

When scheduling a differential backup it asks for a location. Since I had just run a full backup I created a new folder under the full backup file. The next button is grayed out when I click on the new folder to put the differential backup. I am confused, If doing a differential does the program automatically create another file under the full backup?

Thank you for your help

14. Acronis Support

Hello GrayGhost,

Can you please attach a screen shot of the password request window?

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture in JPEG format being preferable.

Also please attach the last log file created after a full backup.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

15. GrayGhost

Backup log and screen shot

Attached Files:

16. GrayGhost

Bumping .... I need to figure out this problem

17. Acronis Support

Hello GrayGhost,

You should select the full backup file instead of creating a new folder, in Acronis True Image 11 Home an incremental/differential backup file should be place into the same folder where the full one has been placed.

Please create a new account with administrator rights, you can set a simple password to log in to Windows (for example, 1), and use the credentials for this account to set the user/name and password to schedule a backup.

See if the issue remains. If the issue still persists, please provide us with the log file of this last failed operation and attach to your next post.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

18. GrayGhost

I guess I don't understand. If I don't need a username and password to create a full backup, why do I need one for an incremental/ differential backup file. I know that your product is used by many. This can't be the first time my problem has come up.

Have anyone else had this problem? Please post any ideas what is happening with this problem.

19. Acronis Support

Hello GrayGhost,

In Acronis True Image 11 Home when you create a backup archive manually you don't need to specify the credentials for a scheduled task execution.

When you set a scheduled task the program requires Windows authorization for a scheduled task execution. That is why you should enter your account name and password both to let Acronis True Image log in to Windows with Administrator's rights and execute a scheduled task.

The procedure is obligatory, and you are not able to miss it.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

20. GrayGhost

It seems to me that it should be an option. I do not use a username and or password to log in on my computer. I am using a home computer and no one but me uses the computer. I can understand the security issues in some cases.
    If at this time I have to create a username and password for winxp home edition, to do other backups, is there a work around for login?

21. Acronis Support

Hello GrayGhost,

Please create another account with administrator rights and set a simple password (for example, 1). After that log in to your current account, manage a new Acronis task and use the username and the password of the new account.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.