TI 10 restore missing Outlook Contacts

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by acrofudd, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acrofudd

acrofudd Registered Member

I recently lost my Outlook Contacts during an organizer transfer.
    I did a Restore from the last incremental backup before the loss but the Contacts are still missing.
    Running XP home - SP2.
    Any advice is appreciated.

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Well, is it possible that the contacts were, in fact, lost before the INC you selected was created? You may need to go further back in time.
    I'd create another FULL backup and then try restoring from an image created earlier than the one you used and see if they're there.

3. acrofudd

Sounds like a plan.
    Thanks, especially for the tip about the full backup first.

4. acrofudd

Thanks again to TheWeaz.
    Although your prescribed plan didn't work, I did accidentally resolve the immediate problem, the loss of my contacts. I finally realized that although all the contacts were seemingly lost, they were still in the Outlook Deleted file. Yeah, I know......duh.
    However, in working your plan, I discovered that, in restoring/searching all 9 INC backups since the previous full backup, nothing was backed up except My Documents in each case; no Outlook changes, Favorites or other changes that I know were made in those 9 weeks. I could find no Preference setting in TI that would produce that.
    Any ideas on the reason for this?
    Thanks again.

5. TheWeaz

Step through the Edit Tasks and be sure that your backup task is really set to backup everything you think it is.
    I usually only do disk/partition backups, so I don’t have much experience with file/folder/application backups.

6. acrofudd

Thanks, Weaz.
    Revueing the Tools/Options, I can't find where I've ever selected anything other than "My Computer', or selected a 'Source File Exclusion'.

I really appreciate your continued attention. I wonder if I should follow the proscriptions in 'Please read before you post' by Sticky 3/7/08 and send this on to Support.

Thanks again.

7. TheWeaz

AFAIK, those options are the defaults which can all be altered at the time the task is created. That’s why I suggested that you step through Edit Tasks to see what the options for that specific task are.

8. acrofudd

BINGO!
    It finally soaked in. Yes, I had toggled to 'Data only' at the Inc setup.
    Thanks so much for hanging in there with me - and forcing me to study TI again. Each time a little more soaks in.
    Thanks so much!

9. TheWeaz

Excellent. Glad it worked out (except for the not having a backup part). :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.