TI 10 - Now or Later?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bulldog356, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldog356

bulldog356 Registered Member

Should I get the new TI 10 Home now or wait for the next build, following the rule of thumb to avoid the initial release of a new product?

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Get it now so you can join the rest of those who like beta testing products for no pay. Seriously, if you already have a previous version that works for you, then stick with it until the bugs are worked out of V.10

3. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Thats really something you need to decide for yourself but I can tell you that so far ver 10 appears to be pretty stable. There are of course the standard few initial bugs being reported but nothing major IMO. Besides the fact that Acronis offers all the maintenance updates free that you can download from your account, it really to me doesn't make much difference to wait since you can always keep getting the new fixes up until they release a new full version upgrade.

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi bulldog356,

in my experience with 4 or 5 other releases of ATI it is normally a good idea to wait 3 or 4 months to let most of the issues come to light and be dealt with. Also, if you already have a previous version of ATI and that works for you and your hardware, you must have a good reason for wanting to part with your cash.

Having said that Acronis have two kinds of Beta testers, the registered ones and people who buy the product and report early faults. They cannot do without the latter kind.

F.

5. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

Hello bulldog356,

Another point to purchase ATI 10.0 Home now is that you can save couple $$. I got mail from Acronis that offers full version for $39.99 (instead of $49.99 on web site). Or you can get Upgrade for $29.99. So as Atomic_Ed all updates within the same version are free and you can buy now and wait for more stable build.

_Kento_

6. bulldog356

bulldog356 Registered Member

Many thanks for all your replies.

I'm actually quite satisfied with v.9, and I see nothing in the description of v.10 that makes me want to give up crack, so I think I'll hold back for a few months just to be on the safe side. To me that's worth the small dollars I may be out by possibly waiting too long for the insider upgrade price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.