TI-10... Managing a backup location

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Skipper, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skipper

Skipper Registered Member

I am using TI-10 with the latest update installed. I must have missed something or o_O? I have an external USB HD (Drive "G") dedicated to data backups. In managing backup locations, I set up external "G" as my backup location with 80GB of 160GB dedicated to backups; set a limit of five backups; and unchecked the "Save xxx days box". I ran a full backup of PC Drive "C" and scheduled a monthly Differential backup of "C". Also backed up "Owner Documents and Settings" with a Differantial to run daily. On and on it goes......am up to 9 Differentials for Docs. & Settings. So much for managing a backup location limiting the number of backups to 5. I read the entire PDF User Guide.....clicked through and read the endless number of Forum posts, and am still puzzled as to why the Differentials pile up on "G" regardless of the settings. I have tried reinstalling TI; deleted all backups on "G" and ran new backups, etc. I am totally disappointed with TI. Why does the consumer have to wade through hundreds of Forum posts to learn how to install and run a $50 software program that should perform flawlessly o_O?? Throughout the Forum, the complaints and problems with TI seem to outnumber the positive comments. I'm sorry to be so negative, but I'm ready to give XP's built-in backup program a try.

Skipper

2. Steve1209

Steve1209 Registered Member

Hi Skipper,

When I was first setting a Back-up location, I could not understand the manual. I asked for help on these forums, Catfan432 provided a document which actually made sense, see the post about 4 down with the TXT document attached, see if it helps you OK?

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=160930

Steve

3. Skipper

Steve,
    Thanks to you, CatFan, and all who posted to this ATI problem. I'll give it a try and advise my results in a week or so. I set up my backup programs as suggested, and will let ATI do its thing.

Skipper

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Skipper,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please see this post for a detailed explanation on how to correctly use backup policies.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Skipper

By following the posts/answers to managing backup locations, I'm happy to announce that all went well. One observation though: my backups were lmited to five as I directed in the program's setup.....the older backups were auto-deleted.......but.....all backups (the original and subsequent differentials) were redated to the current backup date and time-of-day runtime. I honestly don't have the courage to attempt a data or system restore from ATI's backup files. That being said, Acronis TI will soon join the pile of software deleted from this guy's PC.

Thanks again to all who helped........bye !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skipper

6. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

Skipper,
    Just in case you're not totally gone yet, the naming protocol you describe is by design and perfectly normal for Backup Location differentials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.