TI 10 Home - Permanent error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alan K, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan K

Alan K Registered Member

Hi!

I bought TI10 Home (download build #4942) last week to back up my notebook Acer 5650 (XP SP2) to a 500GB USB external drive.
    TI installed smoothly and starts normally but keeps crashing (True Image 10 has encountered a problem and needs to close) whichever action I select.
    Example: Backup --> my computer --> partition C, then comes the information concerning full and incremental backup, immediately followed by the crash.
    The other actions also end sooner or later with the same error.
    I tried to boot with all non MS services being disabled but it did not help.
    After I had the problem reported to the support I decided to install TI on my test PC (also running XP SP2), just to see that it apparently works well!!
    Since I bought TI for my notebook and not for the test PC, this is however no improvement.
    I reinstalled TI on the notebook to no avail.
    There must be an obvious reason for the crash but I do not know where to look, therefore any hint is highly welcome (got no feedback from the support so far).

Thanks
    Alan

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

And the error message is?

3. Alan K

Alan K Registered Member

... in my previous post ;)
    "True Image 10 has encountered a problem and needs to close" (Windows error message)

Alan

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alan K,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Meanwhile, please perform the MD5 check described in this post to make sure the download of Acronis True Image installation file was successful.

If the check shows that the installation file is correct, please collect some information to let us investigate the problem:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please collect the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log the way described in this previous post

Then send the collected files and information along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread as a reply to the autoreply with Acronis request number which was sent to you. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Alan K

Alan K Registered Member

Hello,

The ticket number is #1027330 which I got from the German support. I forgot to say that I am using the German version of TI as I am working in Vienna (Austria).
    For this reason I could not check the result of the MD5 but I did the following:
    I ran the MD5 against the existing installed TI, de-installed TI, downloaded TI once more, installed TI again and ran MD5 a second time with the same result. The "new" TI crashes in the same way as before.
    I sent the requested reports to the German support guys.

Then I created a bootable version and tested it on my ACER. It works ok. At least a circumvention !

Alan

6. Alan K

Alan K Registered Member

This short addendum only for the sake of completeness:
    Since my last post this issue has been investigated by the German support.
    In the end I was asked to temporarily uninstall any OSA technologies products and Daemon tools... which I cannot locate on my notebook (neither in the software list nor via msconfig).
    Unfortunately I did not get any further information on how to identify the potentially disturbing software modules.
    The very last statement from the support simply meant that I should be happy to have a working TI bootable CD!
    No comment :mad:
    Alan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.