TI 10 freezes after reboot during recovery operation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zoomsan, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoomsan

zoomsan Registered Member

After successfully running the recovery wizard the first of 2 steps is for TI 10 to reboot. After choosing this windows XP closes and the acronis loader starts. The acronis logo shows up in the upper left of the screen with the message "Loading, please wait..." and a blinking white box below. The blinking white box goes solid after about 3 seconds and then all activity stops. No hard drive light activity no nothing. The computer has been sitting like this for over an hour. Is this how long it should take for it to run or is there a problem here?

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Definitely a problem. Does the same thing happen if you try to start the recovery from the rescue CD that you made earlier?

Xpilot

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Do you have a wireless keyboard or mouse or multiple usb devices including hubs?

4. zoomsan

This is a laptop with no wireless device (keybaords/mice) attached. I have discovered that it will boot from the rescue CD into Safe version (sans USB/PCcard/SCSI support) only but the recovery file is on a USB Ext HD. When I try to boot the full version it locks up. Is there a BIOS setting that prevents the USB from working correctly?

5. Ralphie

Probably the usb chipset is not supported in the Linux based Rescue cd. If you create a BartPE cd with the True Image plug-in that should work. What brand and model of laptop is it?

6. zoomsan

It is a Toshiba M45 S351. What is a BARTPe CD with a TI plug in? The next question is how do I do these things?

7. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Look here for links that will answer your questions Product Links, FAQ's and Interesting Forum Links.
    BartPE is a windows based bootable CD as opposed the Linux based rescue environment.

8. zoomsan

Thanks, I'll post whether all this is a success or not

9. zoomsan

After following the directions in the link I made the BART pe CD and it booted up but there is no external HD that I can get my files from. Only C: Ramdrive B: and an X: drive

This didn't work either. Should I just copy file to the hard drive and try it that way?

10. Ralphie

No, you cannot have the Backup Image on the same drive you want to Recover the file to. Something is weird with those usb ports. How many are there and did you try them all?
    If you have a desktop available and you can remove the laptop hard drive and install it in the desktop with an adapter, then connect also the usb drive, then boot the desktop with the Rescue cd, you can try to recover the image to the laptop drive that way.

11. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Was your external drive turned on before you booted the bartpe cd? It has to be on.

12. zoomsan

tried different USB port and finally got it to work. Right On! Thanks All that helped this newbie out!

13. zoomsan

Just one more question. When I saved the files to their prospective subfolders for the network adapters on the BART pe CD for some reason when I was asked about whether I wanted network support and chose yes it was unable to establis the network. How I found the files was to go into device manager and look up the driver for each device I wanted. The wireless and two files and the ethernet card had only one. I coped the files to their own subfolder under \Drivers\Net\Wirelss ....\Net\ethernet as per the instructions. Do the subfolders have to match excatly the name of the network card or what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.