TI 10 destroyed my raid array?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by poprock64, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poprock64

poprock64 Registered Member

Hi. I have Gigabyte DS4 intel P965 chipset based motherboard with ICH8R raid controller in AHCI mode. I have 2 raid arrays (2X80 GB Hitachi sata II + 2x160 GB sata II HDD). On first array I have 2 partitions (c, d) and on the second I have partition E and F which is mirrored partition. After installing TI and creating backup succesfully I rebooted and during loading TI reported lot of errors. After that I can't boot anymore. All four HDDs are detected by the bios but raid bios reports that striped volume on second array (E partition) is degraded because HDD is missing. Software raid recovery tools report "error rading sector 0" on that drive. I am not experienced in raids (especially Intel Matrix Raid type) but I presume that raid bios writes some data in hidden sectors on raid member disks and acronis might somehow destroyed this sector. I have rebuild mirrored partition (F) but I can't get data from E anymore. Both partitions on first array are ok. What can I do to get data back? Could I create array again in order to create healthy sectors again and try with data recovering software (active undelete, for example)? Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello poprock64,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

Could you please clarify the exact error messages you have received? When exactly have you received them?

Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post of mine.

In addition, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. nik718

nik718 Registered Member

If it makes you any better, I have the same motherboard and I also lost hardware RAID array when restoring with Acronis TI 10. The only difference, it happened on GSATA2 controller (purple sata slots) where I had backup repository raid 1 setup with 2 Maxtor devices.

As of yesterday, I decided not to use Acronis for backup/recovery on that computer until the BUG is fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.