TI-10 Can't backup e-mail data Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ces1948, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ces1948

ces1948 Registered Member

Tried on two different machines with same results.
    Win-xp-pro
    Outlook2003.

I choose all the different options to backup Outlook files under the mail files menu . I start the backup and after running for a few second I receive an error message stating "Acronis has encountered a problem and must shut down, would you like to send an error report to Microsoft"

Some additional info. I can backup my Outlook pst file fine if I use the data backup instead of the mail files backup.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

You will see there are umpteen threads on this problem. It has been mentioned that one poster has found they can back up emails without attachments, though they can restore emails that have.

There are some known problems with the MS DLL that allows other programs, including MS ones, to access Outlook.

Colin

3. jim_rich

jim_rich Registered Member

I too have had problems, skip problems, been unable to backup Outlook 2003. It was one of the features that attracted me to ATI 10. I have submitted trouble reports to Acronis and have yet to receive a reply. Is this lack of support just a result of the intro of ATI 10 or is it characteristic of Acronis?

Jim Rich
    Welches, OR

4. Malawi

Malawi Registered Member

I've also problems with ATI 10 and Outlook 2003. See https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=153004

Well, image backup works reliable for me but the file backup seems a bit buggy (whatever, it looks like normal for consumer software these days). Specially the application and Outlook backup.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ces1948 and jim_rich,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that as I stated in this previous post of mine the issue with backing up MS Outlook or MS Outlook Express settings and messages using "My E-mail" option of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is known already. It will be fixed in the next build of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. I'm sorry, but at the moment the exact time-frame for that is not set yet. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.