TI 10 and shared Folders on Network

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by souwalker, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. souwalker

souwalker Registered Member

Hi

I intend to use TI10 to not only backup some folders on my Pc but also shared folders on my 2 daughters PC in my home network.
    Will TI allow this? I understand that I can only image the local PC but that is ok. I don't intend to image the other 2 PCs on my network.
    I know I can schedule backup jobs on my PC but would I be able to schedule backup jobs on other shared folders in the network at the same time?
    Thanks
    Pat

2. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi,

To use TI that way, you'll have to map the shared drives to your local computer, that way when you select source to backup, you'll have Z: and Y: for example, that you can (try to) backup.

I would just say if you want to backup for example .PST files while outlook is opened, it will miserably fail, as file is in use and Acronis isnt "local".

Jaycee

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello souwalker,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that you will be able to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home to back up networked shared folders. Please take a look at this previous thread for details.

I would recommend that you use the full UNC path to the desired computer (e.g. \\server\share\) instead of the mapped drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. scott1971

scott1971 Registered Member

Aleksandr:

I'm considering purchasing True Image 10, but have a related question. Is it possible to image a hard drive from a networked PC (PC#2) to a hard drive attached to the computer (PC#1) on which True Image is installed? Looking through the user manual, this appears to be possible. Would this be a violation of the license agreement? Would I be able to restore the drive on PC#2 by accessing the image location on PC#1 and using the recovery CD?

FOLLOW-UP
    I think I may have found my answer here, but would like confirmation. I'm also curious about what happens if I image a drive with another drive mounted as a folder. How would TI behave when restoring a drive that had a mounted drive?

Scott

Thanks,
    Scott

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.