TI 10 and Outlook

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tonydenson, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonydenson

tonydenson Registered Member

Like many others I cannot run the email backup feature of TI 10 (which is the reason I bought it).
    If and when Acronis actually make it work, can anyone tell me whether it will backup Outlook files while it is running ?

Tony

2. ferralez

ferralez Registered Member

I have not got it to work at all with Outlook running or not.
    Outlook 2003

Acronis - This should be a priority 1 bug you are working on.
    You can't promise on your customer facing web page things like the following and not deliver.
    "Backup your Outlook e-mails, contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, signatures, news folders, e-mail rules and user settings with just a few mouse clicks!"

3. tonydenson

I assume that if nobody can answer my question then nobody has actually got this feature of the product to ever work.
    I thought Acronis support had a presence on this forum. If they do, could you please answer my question, or I will be asking for my money back.

4. alleyoop

alleyoop Registered Member

Tony, on my PC TI10 backup emails also with Outlook 2003 running

5. tonydenson

Thanks, I will probably be patient and wait for it to be fixed. But why couldn't someone from Acronis have told me that if they value their customer base.

Tony

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tonydenson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that as I stated in this previous post of mine the issue with backing up MS Outlook or MS Outlook Express settings and messages using "My E-mail" option of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is known already. It will be fixed in the next build of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. I'm sorry, but at the moment the exact time-frame for that is not set yet. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. Diavonex

Diavonex Registered Member

I've just successfully backed up my MS Outlook with Acronis 10.0

8. shieber

shieber Registered Member

In less than the time you spent waiting, you could have poked around the forum and found all the many past posts on this subject and the Acronis response.

Sometimes doing a little work is the best way to get an answer.

9. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Registered Member

Any more news on this.............??

I just tried and I have the latest build and all ms updates.... and no go...

Please advise
    Exeter

10. me75006

me75006 Registered Member

Backup/My Files/ select the folders where your email files are located on your hard drive.
    path might end up looking something like this:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    You can even go into Tasks/Create and save the job for later use, and even schedule it for automatic backup.

11. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Registered Member

OK...but the feature of the software... and the only reason I upgraded from 9...was to backup email and application settings and neither appear to work......

12. peter.blaessing

peter.blaessing Registered Member

I do NOT want to backup any folder, it's a new TI 10.0 FEATURE to backup Outlook - message by message - something that ONLY works if TI is integrated into Outlook. I CANNOT backup that folder automatically, as Outlook AND Copernic Desktop Search have locked the file...

So, Acronis, where is that beautiful feature you have sold to us?? :mad:

Thanks
    -Peter

13. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you bought the program because it purported to have this function, which Acronis admits does not work, then you should be able to request and get a full refund. I believe that, under the law in most states, the warranty of merchantability requires that they refund your money if asked. The warranty of merchantability basically means that the product will do what the seller touts that it will do. Anyway, Acronis isn't likely to be hardasx about refunds on this particular issue. They know they touted a feature and admit that it doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.