TI 10 and ASUS P5B (Intel 965 chipset)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by upiethe, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upiethe

upiethe Registered Member

Hi,

TrueImage 10 is not finding the S-ATA II hdds at the asus p5b deluxe. Only the drive at usb...
    What can I dooo_O
    Thxs...

Greetings Ulli

2. upiethe

upiethe Registered Member

Sorry,

it is the P965 / ICH8R chipset...

ULLI

~ Title of thread amended accordingly - Menorcaman ~

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2007
  3. b00ze

b00ze Registered Member

maybe you should update TI 10 to "build 4.871" ... i read in another forum that it should work now ...

Changelog:

* GUI fixes
    * MS Outlook backup fixes
    * Better hardware support

... please ask acronis why they wont give us details

4. walt s

walt s Registered Member

ULLI ,
    Please try build 4871 and report back if you can.
    I suspect you'll get the result mentioned in this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=151380

If you don't also get a Kernel BUG report, I'd like to know.
    At least two of us in that thread are also using ASUS P5B-deluxe motherboards with TI10 v4871, so I don't hold much hope - but I'm surprised you get different result so far.

Cheers
    Walt S

5. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

Arghh I am having the same problem on ATI 9. I have contacted Acronis support and hope they can supply a fix otherwise I'll have to get a different backup solution.

Safe Mode: SATA drives are seen
    Full Mode: USB drive only is seen

therefore not possible to restore system disk.

Regards,
    Fairy

6. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Only way to get it to work for now :

BartPE with Mustang's Plugin, and then all your windows drivers can be used...

Ciao

Jaycee

7. phasechange

Thanks. I've done this and slipstreamed SP2 and Intel ICH8R drivers and it looks as if it might be a work around until ATI comes up with a long term fix.

Appreciate the help, thank you. :D

8. phasechange

Sorry about the 965 typo. Update: Acronis Support have built a boot disk for ATI9 for me that is working and seeing USB and all SATA drives perfectly!

I am hoping for a fully working build soon. I hope they build the fix into a general update for ATI9 and 10. In fact I hope they fix it in 10 so that i can upgrade!

Phasechange

9. bltassoc

bltassoc Registered Member

I am a newbie at all this. o_O All I know is that I got the blue screen of death on my desktop and I am desperately looking for a way to copy off what data I can before I have to reinstall (repair does not seem to be an option). I have been looking at BartPE, TI10 and Ghost. I know I have data to recover because I can see it when I am in XP recovery console mode. However the wonderful folks at MS decided that for security reasons I am limited to doing any real work only inside the windows directory structure. When I've attempted to use ti10 and Bart it saw my usb drive, but not the SATA drive. Ghost just failed.
    I have gotten very poor response to my questions from Acronis Tech Support. I got myself a big Dell with SATA 11 and dual processors. Little did I know that it was going to be a major obstacle to recovering from a crash. Can some fill me in with a step by step map of how to get "mustang" and get it to work with BartPE. I've already loaded BARTpe application to my laptop. If someone can get me a copy of the boot CD which Acronis apparently got right I would be eternally grateful....Thanks

10. KenMarks

KenMarks Registered Member

I am using an Intel 965 chipset motherboard and have the same problem -- no hard drives seen. I have two SATA mirrored RAIDs installed - on with SATA2 drives and the other with SATA drives. No IDE drives at all. ATI10 sees no hard disks, not even the USB ones.

11. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi bltassoc and KenMarks,

BartPE with my plugin will work for you. You just need to add the drivers for your SATA controller when building the BartPE CD. Remember, BartPE is a Windows based system so it needs Windows drivers. All you need to do is copy the SATA driver to the pebuilder\drivers\SCSIAdapter folder. You can also add your network drivers to the pebuilder\drivers\Net folder. Put each driver its own subfolder. BartPe will take care of it during the build process.

You can download the True Image plugin you need from my website. Just unzip the plugin and copy it to the pebuilder\plugin folder. Now read the help (htm) file. Its easy from there.

Good luck

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that as I stated in this previous post of mine there are several issue with Intel® 965 Express Chipset in the current build 4871 of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

We will definitely correct this in the future builds of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. At this moment I would recommend that you collect the information requested in the post mentioned above and submit a request for technical support, attach all the collected files and information to your request and we will create a special ISO image of the Acronis True Image Bootable CD that works on your particular hardware configuration.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

13. phasechange

Dearest Acronis,

I know that there are known issues with current versions of ATI9/10 and Intel 965 Express chipset motherboards (not just the ICH8R but also USB support) such as the Asus P5B and also appreciate that users with issues have had custom builds or use the excellent Bart PE disk version.

Would it be possible to either post saying that a fix has been created or better still put it in the release notes?

I am not interested in new ATI9 versions or upgrading to 10 unless I get snap restore back which needs P965 support. I'm sure there are many others on here (I've read the posts) who would love to see P965 chipset support. If it turns out that the answer is yes we are fixing it but only on the next version of 10 not 9 then I'd better take up the upgrade offer on 10.

I love Acronis True Image and would love it more if I could get Snap Restore working again! Sorry about being fixated by this but it would make my life much easier if I didn't need to use a boot disk to do system disk operations.

Thanks,
    Phasechange :ninja:

14. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

This is just my opinion so as they say, it is worth what you are paying for it! :D

I think Acronis has put out the last build of TI9 regardless of outstanding problems. If you want to use TI with your board it will likely have to be with TI10.

I am surprised this issue has not been corrected by now but the Linux recovery environment is the Achilles heel of this product, especially when dealing with new hardware, IMO.

15. phasechange

I don't mind buying 10, I just want to know that Snap Restore etc will work on my kit (i.e. I wont need a Linux or PE disk to restore my boot disk). Don't get me wrong the boot disks are valuable insurance policies but part of the appeal of ATI over other products is being able to do things within windows and the ease of use of just being a few clicks away from a restore.

16. fritzman

fritzman Registered Member

Any updates to this situation yet?

I'm running an Asus P5B-Deluxe also, and am trying (in vain it seems) to restore a 400Gb drive from an image created using 9.1, into a Raid10 array which is part of a 4 x drive matrix. Hopefully a resolution is close, because ALL my data is in there and I have no other copy. Just keeps telling me it's corrupt (but 9.1 cfreated and verified it perfectly)

17. phasechange

raise a support ticket with Acronis as at the very least they should be able to build a custom boot CD that will allow you to boot. They did that for my (non-RAID setup). I also built a Bart PE disk which works very nicely.

18. fritzman

fritzman Registered Member

Thanks

I've gotta get at that data reasonably quickly, so will probably reinstate the image from the old or at least another rig, and get the data off via network.

Thanks tho

19. errut

errut Registered Member

i think i have a similar problem with an asus a8n-bord and nforce4-chip. sata-raid0 and external hdd on sata. playback with windows on the raiddisk no problem - the sata-driver are there.
    play on a clean newly formatted disk form the emergency cd is not possible through the sata - channel. because the external disk is not found. i`m using acronis10.

20. phasechange

similar problem but due to a different chipset. If you raise a fault on the Acronis web site via there support trouble ticket system they will provide a solution (usually a custom boot CD). I am on ATI 10 these days and still suffering from the Intel 965 chipset problem with SATA and USB.

Phasechange

21. Arielwire

Arielwire Registered Member

I've had the same issues with this mobo and Acronis. The only way I was able to work around is going back to version 9, and booting in safe mode with the cd.
    It takes a long time to restore, but seemed to work ok.
    The last restore, however, didn't seem to really work well- (full disk restore, rather than just C partition.)
    At this point, I'm ready to switch over to Norton Ghost- which is a bummer, because I've never liked their software as much as Acronis, but I do need a reliable back up. Seems that Acronis is not going to be it for awhile.

22. chrish

chrish Registered Member

I can't believe this isn't fixed yet. Isn't two+ months more than enough time to add a specific and popular chipset? It's not like this is some obscure setup that only a handful of people are going to be using. Some of us are relying on this product for BUSINESS.

Hey, Acronis employee, I know you are reading this. How about an update.

23. royalscam

royalscam Registered Member

Make sure the sata setting in the bios is set to compatible mode. I promise this WILL solve this imageing problem, why cause the software cant see the sata drive unless in compatible mode.

24. chrish

chrish Registered Member

Does this affect drive/OS performance? Usually compatible mode means slower, and slower doesn't cut it in a production environment.

25. chrish

chrish Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.