TI 10.0 - How to make recovery DVD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kenton, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenton

kenton Registered Member

What I want to do is pretty simple,

I'm in the process of building a new computer and I wanted to try out the software before I get Windows loaded on my new one.

I backed up the entire contents of C:\ and told it to split to DVD size chunks. That, and the verification went A-OK.

I then used NERO to burn the DVD-sized files it made (two files, one 4.7GB, the other 2.somethingGB)

I then burned the Acronis Startup Disc that it lets you burn.

I booted the startup disc and I clicked Recovery and it would not let me select a DVD drive to recover from. I do not want to recover from the hard drive, I want to recover from a DVD.

How do I do this? Thank you!

2. kenton

kenton Registered Member

Oh. I am using a fully paid for full version of the software.

Just curious why the recovery CD it burned me won't see my DVD drives as a method to restore from.

System:
    Dual Core Opteron 165
    2GB DDR400
    40GB HDD (the backup image is 2 DVD worth)
    128MB ATI video card
    2 DVD-RW drives Parallel ATA

3. kenton

kenton Registered Member

I got it working.

I selected safe bootup instead of full bootup. When I did full I could see my DVD drives as a medium to recover from.

I recovered 6GB (actually 17GB uncompressed) from two DVD discs in about 20 minutes. This was an entire clone of my C:\

Worked perfect. I know it did because I got scared and backed out but it had already overwritten my MBR (Operating System Failure message on bootup) so I had to trust TI 10.0 and it worked perfectly.

4. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

I'm guessing you have only one optical drive?

This isn't a problem though. You can still use it just fine. Eject the bootable CD after its finished loading and insert your Tib DVD. See if it shows up.

I recall there may have been one or two cases where a DVD drive would report as a CD drive only.

Give it a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.