Thunderbird

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mllopes, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mllopes

mllopes Registered Member

Hi
    I have installed the trial version of NOD32 and i like it , i had Panda and still have a valid licence for Panda but i think i am going to buy NOD32 for my laptop.
    What i read so far about NOD32 and thunderbird is that he is compatible with it however i use secure connection to my isp and it seems that NOD32 can not scan encrypted messages in ssl(i use port 995 in thunderbird).
    Another thing after i buy NOD32 must i have to uninstall the trial version or can i put the key licence in the trial?
    This NOD32 is in fact lighter(very) in resources then Panda what i want to check now is the efectiveness of it regarding finding virus and all kind of malware.
    I use ZAPro and no conflicts so far between the 2 softwares.
    What do you think did i do a good move?

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

yes its a good move. AFAIK no AV can scan SSL encrypted email for privacy reason. once you buy your license you should uninstall trial version and install full version using your license :D

3. i_kenefick

i_kenefick Registered Member

IMON cannot scan the encrypted stream. However... AMON will catch the infection after it has arrived. You are not exposed at all, not one bit.

You must uninstall trial version.

NOD32 is an excellent solution. It scores very highly in independant testing. See www.av-comparatives.org. It's light on resources to boot which makes is almost transparent for day-to-day use of your pc.

Yeah a good move to NOD. I dislike ZAP though :doubt:

4. Alwill

Alwill Registered Member

After uninstalling the trial version make sure to delete the eset folder in Program Files before attempting to install the new version you have purchased.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.