thunderbird and Gmail imap server connection timeout

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by aromweis, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aromweis

aromweis Registered Member

Hello. I am evaluating Smart Security 5 to possibly protect our 4 laptops, after dumping McAfee due to how they run their business.

I am running Thunderbird V17.0.2 and I am getting "connection to server" timeouts when accessing my Gmail IMAP server when checking email or switching folders.

I have looked on this forum and read about the various Tbird issues. I tried to uncheck "Integrate into Mozilla Thunderbird" under Email Client Integration, but that didn't help. I then tried checking Thunderbird on the "Apps excluded from protocol filtering" - this "fixes" the timeouts. But, does this mean that any emails downloaded from Gmail aren't getting scanned? That's not really a fix.

I admit I am getting very confused at the many options under "Web and email" setup. If there is something else to tweak, I am not getting it. Any help, pointers, RTFMs appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.