Thunderbird 15.0 automatically disables ESET extension 5.2.7.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dragoneer, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragoneer

dragoneer Registered Member

I am running ESET AV 5 fully updated. I just updated Mozilla TB to version 15. During the process, the ESET extension was disabled. Questions:

1) How much protection have I lost?

2) Is there a temporary fix?

3) Is a more permanent fix on the way and , if so, what's the eta?

I have also asked similar questions of a Mozilla TB newsgroup at news.mozilla.org.

Any quick help and/or information will be very much appreciated.

Jeff Barnett

PS TB does not present a button to reenable the extension.

2. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

The plug-in was not working with version 14 of Thunderbird. What was the version of Thunderbird you were using? I don't think the plug-in has worked with any version of Thunderbird since about version 5 of TB. I don't think you are really losing anything critical since scanning of POP mail will continue to work without the plug-in.

3. dragoneer

dragoneer Registered Member

I was using TB 14.0.1 until the update. (The ".0.1" is an "if memory serves me correctly".) The disabled message was given as part of the update restart sequence.

4. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

OK. It does that every time I update. By the way, when I saw that you had TB 15.0, I immediately checked and got mine updated. Firefox was also updated to 15.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.