Threatsense question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bradtech, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Guest

If NOD32 scans a file, and is unsure whether or not it's infected. Does NOD32 also query threatsense.net to check if it is a potentially infected file? I guess I am curious about the cloud aspect of detection that NOD32 uses.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No . ESET products do NOT have cloud techology - the one that have McAfee , Norton or Panda. The lack of such technology is a big minus , in my opinion (no matter that some institutions like AV-Test.org might think different)

ThreatSense.NET is just for collecting samples (samples already detected heuristically by the product or manually sent by customers) and mostly statistical information - e.g. what and how much has been detected .

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

ASpace, you forgot G-Data.

OverviewNEW: Top security with no loss of PC performance!
    A new era is beginning: For the first time, the usual optimum high security from
    G Data AntiVirus is completely undetectable. Self-learning fingerprinting
    and whitelisting accelerate the test-winning protection so that PC performance
    remains completely unaffected.

Maximum security from the record test winner:

Constant optimum virus detection
    For many years the quickest response time to new viruses
    The latest methods for detecting unknown viruses (behaviour blocking, heuristics, cloud security)

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

And you are making an advertisement . No , I haven't forgot it - just gave an example with other known vendors. GData is not the onliest with cloud technology.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

nah, just trying not to feel left out my friend.;)

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Left out ? With GData ?

7. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

The cloud technology is fashionable, and it shows in constant copy and past the AV industry's. I do not want to ESET follow fashion, but that innovate and make a difference with their own tools.

Before anyone had advanced heuristics, while the ESET already had a long time.

She herself found its own way without copying anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.