ThreatSense Protection?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by New, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New

New Guest

How do I know if I am getting the benefit of this feature? If I select all the scanning options under Threatsense scanning options under the on demand setup tab, am I getting the benefit of threatsense? Or do I need to enable the early warning system and then choose either to report or not?

I just want to make sure I am getting the latest protection using the most advanced techniques that are being used by Eset.

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

The Early Warning System is mainly a way for Eset to get new/suspected viruses sent to them automatically, without the user having to do anything. This way, Eset can get a lot more virus samples and update their virus definition. The "statistics" are used by Eset so they can see which viruses are the most prevalent, and they are also used to power http://www.virus-radar.com .

Note that if you have all the ThreatSense scanning options turned on, you do get the full scanning benefit, even if you have the Early Warning System turned off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.