ThreatFire Pro is 50% off - $14.95

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jfd15, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

hope this isnt a re-post....i see that ThreatFire Pro is now 50% off, or $14.95

...dont know how much difference there is between Pro and Free,

but $14.95 seems like a decent price...

EDIT: i guess PRO version gives you:
    1) on-demand scanning
    2) AV engine with signature updates
    3) other advanced options

sounds good...

2. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Maybe I need glasses or perhaps new eyes but when I was trying threatfire their pro version was listed at 19.95. Half off would have made 9.95.
    This was in the last couple of months.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Meanwhile, I'll schedule that eye exam just in case.:D

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Yeah, I always thought they gave allot away in the free version that made it basically a non-issue for buying. Bet they wish they had thought that one through.

4. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

they must have raised the price recently then, the link i hit says $29.95 regular
    and on sale now for $14.95

http://www.threatfire.com/download/

no big deal to me, i just thought there were a lot of threatfire fans on here....

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I like TF & want to support it. However, they just do not offer enough extra capability with the PRO version to justify the price.

IMO the Advanced/Custom Rules capability should have been reserved for the PRO version. I would gladly have bought the Pro if that was necessary in order to get the rule-setting capability.

As to the Pro's on-demand AV attraction -- it is NO attraction. Why pay $$ to get only an on-demand capability, & for a 2nd-rate AV at that?

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I also like TF but am going to forego any attempts to add it to the arsenal untill it's stability/performance and identification structures are more matured. Still it's an app that has great potential, my feeling is it needs careful laboratory in-house reviewing plus additional testing. To add to this, it would be in their interest to re-examine their drivers again and re-evaluate their impact on common system performance.

7. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

im surprised...i think ill budget around $100 this year for computer security software and $15 for ThreatFire is ok with me...am going to buy one good AV like a Kaspersky or NOD32 and then about 5-6 of these lesser programs to go along with the free Comodo Firewall...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.