ThreatFire combined with Eset Smart Security RC1

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Alf_, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alf_

Alf_ Registered Member

I've running Eset Smart Security (from Beta 1 to RC1 (3.0.414.0) now) for some time now and was triggered by several forum items about ThreatFire.
    I installed ThreatFire v. 3.0.10.0 and excluded all ESS exe-files in ThreatFire and all ThreatFire exe-files in ESS to avoid conflicts.
    First thing I noticed there is a noticeable slowdown of loading webpages in Firefox (v. 2.0.0.7); TFService.exe is very active on my system during browsing.

Is the technology ThreatFire is using similar to the ThreatSense technology of ESS? If so, is the use of ThreatFire superfluous while running ESS with ThreatSense enabled?
    Are there more users with experience using ThreatFire in combination with ESS? What is your opinion about this?

2. JCorliss

JCorliss Registered Member

Not sure about your original question, but I noticed a slowdown on Firefox also with both programs running. I uninstalled threatfire thereafter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.