Threatfire added to ProSec1.30 & CPF 2.4?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by poirot, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poirot

poirot Registered Member

Anyone ever tried combining the new free Threatfire behavioural blocker with an existing situation made of ProSecurity 1.30 and Comodo 2.4 PF?

(Obviously , the Application Behaviour Analysis in CPF 2.4,would have to be disabled.)

This way i'd practically substitute the firewall rudimentary (and already partly disabled in regard to .dll injections and inter-process modifications to avoid interference with PS1.30) behavioural 'alerter' with a more comprehensive behavioural blocker.

This would add on security providing a different point of view if,by any chance, i was asleep when giving a wrong ok to a PS alert....with a second possible warning .....or would they stomp on each other's feet?

At the moment,no interference happened btw CPF Behavioural monitor and PS 1.30, but perhaps it may be different with Threatfire...
    Perhaps an older version of Cyberhawk,one of the first releases, would be better-less chances of interfering ,but would they be up to the tasks of the times?

I was just wondering if by using CPF 2.4 latest release with Appl.Behaviour disabled, Threatfire Free without Community and Updates and ProSecurity 1.30,either Free or Pro, you can go very near to equalize in practical terms the new,coming Comodo 3 (or PS 1.40 maybe) without having to wait for them to become a public release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.