Thoughts on RegRun 4.6 vs 4.5?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I have been waiting for a fix on the cpu usage of regrun gold 4.6 on my system compared to regrun gold 4.5. Are you having the same problem? What do the rest of you think of the two, did you upgrade or not?

dja2k

2. muf

muf Registered Member

I upgraded to 4.6.
    To be honest i don't see what the fuss is about. I have three criteria that as long as they match then the application is fine to use.
    1. It is compatible with everything else on my system.
    2. It doesn't impact on my system performance.
    3. It serve's a purpose.

Regrun gets a yes from me for each one of those. That's why i use it. I don't pay attention to graphs, charts, stats and all that crap. I've used apps that use less than 10 mb ram and they affected system performance more so than an app that uses three times as much ram. It's how it behaves on my system, in my setup that counts. Nothing else.

muf

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I think people reporting 50% cpu usage on regrun's check now option will go beyond Muf's "It doesn't impact on my system performance". That is not normal especially if you need that cpu usage for something more than just running security programs.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.