This sucks or I'm too stupid to figure it out

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by guiri, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guiri

guiri Registered Member

I had an old version of NOD32 antivirus and was getting ready to buy a new one.

Tried the download but never got any info on how to download it. That was over a week ago.

Tried to find a way of e mailing Eset but couldn't find it.

Called and left a message and no one called me back.

WTH?

Makes it awful hard to buy your products and all I wanted to know was, HOW much for a license for ANTIVIRUS only! I don't need any other stuff. Also, can I install the ANTIVIRUS ONLY or do I have to do the firewall too?
    I'm thinking it'll be cheaper than the whole Smart Security but I can't find it other than in an upgrade and dammit if I know where my old version is and I never register stuff anyway so I'd like to buy a new license.

If I didn't think McAfee and Norton were too obtrusive, I never would have made it this far :(

Thanks

George

2. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

3. guiri

guiri Registered Member

It does, thanks

George

4. guiri

guiri Registered Member

I saw the promo code field. Any promo codes for just one year for one or two pc's for antivirus only?

THanks

George

5. piranha

piranha Registered Member

if your nod32 licence are not ended, you can download NOW nod32 v4 with your Eset ID and PW.

By the way, renewal price are lower. You can renew up to 30 days after the end of your previous licence.

http://go.eset.com/us/renew

Never see a promo..... but you can save up to 25% if you buy or renew a 2 years licence for one or more computer.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  6. guiri

guiri Registered Member

Thanks, it's been a long time I had NOD32 so that's why I need a new license.

George

7. piranha

welcome back !! ;) :thumb: :D

8. guiri

guiri Registered Member

9. guiri

guiri Registered Member

Actually, before I make a purchase, I have one more question.

If I buy licenses for say 3 or 5 pc's. Do they all have to be MY computers or can a friend of mine get one, another friend the second one and so on or do they all have to be my puters? If not, I might see if my friends want in.

Thanks again

George

10. piranha

could be anybody. In the past years, I did buy 4-5 licences for 2 years for members of my family and me and save many money !! :D

11. guiri

guiri Registered Member

Thanks again

12. guiri

guiri Registered Member

Ok, I have another question...surprise.

I looked at the pricing for more than once license and wondered, why does the price difference jump ten bucks from 1, to 2 to 3 licenses but then 20 to the next one (ie, 4 and 5) and the same thing for 2 years?

There it goes from like 15 bucks till 30 bucks?

I was asking my friends to buy in with me and I'm up to 5 licenses but now, I'm wondering what I should do? I don't want to sound stingy 'cause I'm not but I'm gonna have a hard time paying the rent so every dollar counts for me right now and this puzzles me.

By the way, when you buy more licenses, what happens? You get say 5 different passwords or what?

Thanks

George

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  13. piranha

do you want nod32 for free or what ?? you have to calculate how much cost each year of licence

60$ for 1 lic x 2 years means 60$ for 2 yrs (1 x 2) so 30$/yr

75$ for 2 lic x 2 years means 75$ for 4 yr lic (2 x 2) so 18.75$/yr

90$ for 3 lic x 2 years means 90$ for 6 yrs (3 x 2) so 15$/yr

120$ for 4 lic x 2 years means 120$ for 8 years (4 x 2) so 15$/yr

150$ for 5 lic x 2 years means 150$ for 10 years (5 x2) so 15$/yr

15$/yr is half price of 1 licence for 2 years

if you calculate for 1 year licence

for 1 pc it is 40$/yr
    for 2 pc it is 25$/yr (50$)
    for 3 pc it is 20$/yr (60$)
    for 4 pc it is 20$/yr (80$)
    for 5 pc it is 20$/yr (100$)

with these good prices for NOD32 there i NO reason to use a free AV, to risk with a free AV, isnt it ??

14. guiri

guiri Registered Member

Nope, just checking and again, damn near broke. I used to buy lots of stuff but can't do it any longer. Not enough money coming in.
    I'm fine with the prices, like I said, I was just trying to take advantage of the lower rates when buying more and although I haven't read the rest of your reply, it was looking to me like it was more PER license for more licenses. Again, haven't gotten to that part yet.

15. guiri

guiri Registered Member

Well hell Mel, looking at it that way. I know my math sucks but hell, didn't look right. Nah, prices are good and I never did like when they reviewed programs and bitched about a proggy being expensive at 50-60 bucks. I'm used to paying much more and normally, I would only buy one year at a time and not even worry about this, but like I said, no money right now so I'll have to be stingy till things pick up. Got more software to buy too but it'll have to wait.

Thanks

If it makes you feel any better, I will be buying at least 5 licenses for two years as opposed to just one for myself so however you may feel about this little exercise, you did Eset some good (and me).

Later

George

16. piranha

not enough money o_O are you serious ??

30$ by year / 365 days = 0.08 $..... 8 cents a day, ok must add taxes over, even if it cost you 10 cents a day, just drink less coffee, or one beer less by month... ;)

and renewal prices cost more less !!

17. guiri

guiri Registered Member

Wolf, I have cut down what I can, not much left but I need a good antivirus as I'm online all the time. Other stuff will have to wait but this I have to have

18. guiri

guiri Registered Member

Piranha, we must be misunderstand each other. I said prices are fine and always were, this way I can go ahead and get two years for the same as one since we'll be buying more licenses.

Not sure if your reading comprehension is as poor as my math :D

Just in case, I AM joking

19. piranha

guiri

no problem, yes my maths is better than my english

english is not my fist language (i am french canadian, quebecers ?), it is possible I misunderstood you, very possible, i will read again your post ;)

20. guiri

guiri Registered Member

It's ok, we understand each other now :)

English isn't my first one either, just my third :) (I was bragging a little bit there. It's not like I can brag about my math...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.