This program was terminated

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tutankamon, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

Hi all,
    I have recieved this message on a couple of occasions when performing a "file infection test". What does it mean?

Attached Files:

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi tutankamon: :)

First , I can't really answer that question, never had that particular problem.
    I have had a slightly different one whereby if I did multiple testing of 'File Infection Test', it would just simply not work the second or more times around, only the first time, until I unloaded and reloaded TDS.

It just happened once again..

Have you been able to actually do the test at all, or only get this if you try to do more than once.

Cheers, Adrian.

Attached Files:

3. tutankamon

HI Tassie_Devils,
    I sometimes get this message but the scan continues as normal, in fact I have just "reloaded" TDS3 and got the same message, but the report is both baits untouched. So what it this message for??

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

quote from the helpfile:
    File Infection Test (Anti-Virus)

This test creates a virgin .exe and .com file, each weighing in at approximately 15 kilobytes each. These files are then executed.

Should a .com or .exe infecting virus be alive in your system, the files should become infected. The Infection test will report back the results - whether the file remained the same, or if it's modification date has changed, or if it's size has changed, or if it's internal contents have changed (via checksum calculations). This test should trap the majority of .exe/.com-infecting viruses.

On a positive infection scan these files and the rest of your system with an updated virus scanner. If none can recognize the virus it is a new virus or variant and can then be submitted to antivirus vendors for analysis.
    end quote

I can't say it in better words.

5. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Jooske. :)

Thanks for the info :D

Cheers, Adrian

6. tutankamon

Hi Jooske,
    Which program is being terminated, and why?

Attached Files:

7. tutankamon

Hi all,
    Anyone else getting this message?, please post

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Suppose the test infect program, if TDS still runs properly, or does that ask for a reload?

Seeing in your screenshot you ran it and another time, so is it each time when you run it twice?

9. tutankamon

Hi Jooske,
    I downloaded the update today ( I download the updates every day) then run the TDS3 program, when it has run and reports ready, I click on File infection test, TDS3 sets the `baits` as It is doing so the message box pops up. TDS3 carries on as normal, and reports the baits are untouched. But I then have to click OK to remove the message box. So I ask again: which program is being terminated? and why? Yes it does it every time. I have just closed down TDS3. Then restarted it, tried the file infection test and got the same message box. I have just done it again, and am still geting this message.

10. tutankamon

update,
    I did a full system scan, tried the "file infection" test again this time it froze, after deploying the first bait (exe. infection ) so I closed it down, started up again, this time when I tried the "file infection" test it did it successfully, without the message box. Strange!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.