This program does NOT run and Protect in background

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by lab123, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lab123

lab123 Guest

I am sorry to disappoint you all but Spyware blaster may beaver away when it comes to updating it but When you CLOSE the program instead of minimizing it take a close PEEK in PROCESSES...NO SPYWAREBLASTER = NO PROTECTION!! So what is it all about Javacoolo_O Hmmmmmo_O

2. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Hi

You appear to be unaware just how SpywareBlaster works.
    What it in fact does is set 'kill bits' in the registry in order to prevent activeX based spyware in its database from being installed in the first place.

Once it has effectuated those registry changes (by you telling it to "protect against checked items", that's it, you're protected.

The program doesn't need to be 'running'.

3. lab123

lab123 Guest

Many thanks for that piece of information; I was completely unaware of this, all I could see was what happened when I killed the processs and the prog disappeared!

4. TonyKlein

No prob, glad to help. :)

As you may imagine this is one of those frequently asked questions...
    Time for a sticky, if you ask me...

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Tony,

Actually, Javacool has posted a sticky announcing the new Javacool Software Knowledge Base: Knew Knowledgebase Available!

Within the knowledge base, there is a category for SpywareBlaster and this very question about whether SpywareBlaster needs to be running is answered in the FAQ's section. :)

lab123, you might want to read through the KB as it could help to answer any other questions you may have.

Regards,

snap

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Jj4 - I have split your post and my reply to it, off this thread and into a new thread of it's own. I've also edited the title to better describe your problem, and moved it over into the Privacy Problems forum.

You can find your new thread here: Blocking Email Spam [Jj4]

Regards,

snap

7. TonyKlein

Hi Snap,

Thanks for the information, but it very likely won't do much to prevent people from continuing to ask this familiar question here...

IMHO a sticky in this section called "Why isn't SpywareBlaster seen to be running" or something to that effect would help..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.