This is why I hate Windows 10

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Holysmoke, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

A clean install of Windows 10 takes all of about ½ an hour on my machines. Perhaps you need to calm down and walk away for a while.

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I am always "calm", it's just annoying after all these many years that some things with Windows is still as slow as a turtle.

Oh, by the way, already done a "clean" install, this is an "updates" ordeal. I won't call it an issue right now because this is always been a hallmark trend for $MS when it comes to these :argh:

Guess i shouldn't have shut off Windows Defender. LoL

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Yes it is. You can however, continue working on what you are doing without slowing down your system to a crawl.

4. guest

guest Guest

I admit, the very beginners will have difficulties at first , but if they google enough you have plenty of step-by-step tutorials about how to install adblockers in Windows or in their browsers.
    Now blocking telemetry is another level for them sadly.

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

It usually takes less than 5 mins, at least on my slow laptop, if it takes more, you should perform a maintenance.
    I run this after every successful update, not to mention CCleaner and WiseCare, I keep drivers updated myself.
    Code:
    fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:
    chkdsk /scan
    compact /CompactOs:never
    winmgmt /salvagerepository

del "%temp%\*" /s /f /q
    del "C:\$Recycle.bin\*" /s /f /q
    del "D:\$Recycle.bin\*" /s /f /q
    del "%systemroot%\temp\*" /s /f /q

vssadmin delete shadows /for=c: /all /quiet
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase
    cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

6. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

this Codes are safe for pc's system ?
    Should I use this one code by one ?

7. TairikuOkami

You can use all at once, those 2 require a consideration:

vssadmin delete shadows - removes all system restore points as well as file backups made by Windows.
    /ResetBase - ResetBase slash prevents uninstalling of updates, basic component cleanup is included in cleanmgr.

8. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

Thanks
    any Windows 10 tweaks do You recommend?

9. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Hi. What is your experience with Resetbase option compared to cleaning windows update files from Disk Cleanup tool? Does it remove much more data? Did you encounter any problems while using it?

10. TairikuOkami

I use it since Windows 8 and no problems whatsoever. You can use this command to see, how much data can be removed.

Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Attached Files:

11. Minimalist

Thank you for your feedback :)

12. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

any Windows 10 tweaks do You recommend?

13. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

14. TairikuOkami

15. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

16. TairikuOkami

That is user dependent, so it can not be really recommended just like that. You can check my tweaks and pick, what you want.

17. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

That's right, and as one the harshest critics of Windows over the years, one just can't help but wish and want to see development push boundaries but not exactly the ones they had in mind this time.

With all the forcing's and some stripping away of end user's privacy/configurations it looks like time and effort would been better spent taking the high road instead of the low one.

Still all in all it's not so bad after all. Having come from Windows 8.1 over to this Win 10 at least affords some relief in comparison to certain issues that seem to been ironed out in 10, and I must say I like that, A Lot!

18. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

thanks
    Disabling WSH is safe for system ?

19. monkeylove

monkeylove Registered Member

From what I know, there are some versions of the OS that offer more privacy, but they are not available to all consumers.

What they could have done was offer two types of the OS: a paid one for those who want more privacy and a free one for those who don't care.

20. guest

guest Guest

yes, in some measure, Win10 Ent. , way too expensive.

21. Minimalist

Yes, that would be great - you either pay it with your money or with your data.
    Win 10 ENT LTSB is more stable (only security updates), but IDK how it compares with other releases when it comes to privacy.

22. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Seems quite Logical on this end too. If it's free version deal with tracking and funneling whatever in the world $MS is looking for en masse.

On the other hand make a pay for version free of anything inhibiting privacy whatsoever. The best of both worlds for them right?

Of course $MS is never exactly been in the satisfaction business down the distribution line hot off the presses.

23. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I upgraded to Win 10 in October last year. No problems and I liked it. All my old software worked and I was happy. Edge browser stinks the place up, as if it's still unfinished, but I used Google's Chrome. Then the anniversary edition came. Chrome stopped working, two of my writing programs wouldn't load, and I began having the OS freeze every couple of days.

I came from Win 7 Pro. Unfortunately when I installed 10, after the 30 days thing it deleted the .old file AND removed 7 from the laptop's recovery partition. No disk available. I did have an OEM disk for an 8.1 Pro upgrade that came with the computer. And, I'm on Win 8.1 Pro now. It's just as fast on this laptop as 10, just as stable as the pre AU update and everything I need works. I'm actually starting to like it.

24. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Edge is another joke of a vain attempt to improve IE I suppose. Not working and just in the way. I use Opera or Pale Moon or other browser sometimes but not often Chrome as many other do.

Cortana is something else that's just in the way for me. One important aspect I miss it the recimg- Custom Refresh feature but no matter with backups from Macrium + Drive Snapshot. Still that used to be a solid reset feature when things went south without having to fire up the Restore Image App.

No, at this point I cannot and will not say "hate" on Windows 10. It's quite a bit improved under the hood in spite of some missing features enjoyed with Windows 8 but all in all it something you can live with in time.

25. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I could be very happy with Win 10, if I could download the earlier one - not the Anniversary Update, and if it would let me choose updates. In fact, I'd switch back. I really did like it up until that upgrade. Yeah, there's a lot of junk I don't need and will never use. Some of it can be uninstalled without a problem and some won't let you uninstall, but overall it was good.

Again, if I could manually update, choosing which to allow, I'd go back.

I had Cortana turned off. I had absolutely no need for it. Edge is a joke right now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.