This is what I've Learn About Acronis Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by carlosmas, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlosmas

carlosmas Registered Member

1: Make shoure your install is good. It happend to me that it frizze for 2 secs and gave me problems when trying to use the software ,Dont repair! Remove it and use take any file from the system that is left from the uninstall.

2:if you are going to save the image in the same partition you will not be able to restore you HD .so get partiton magic 8 and make a backup partiton.its very easy and you can save files and music video that you dont want to lose in case of a urgent recovery.

3,secure zone is like an invisable partition that windows cant see.But you cant make a Secure zone in the active HD (C:) so it must be do it in the second partition if you ever want to boot into acronis from F11

4,make the secure zone first 'than create the image in it .you cant make the image and than the secure zone ,Remember its a partition if you latter on remove secure zone , you will lose the image in side it.

5, For some reason you can move your mouse in acronis recovery with Dell PCs , as soon as you do it restarts the computer :'(

Will guys I hope this helps a bit , I have been playing with the software for 3 days and I have done like 5 image and test and it WORKS!! I love it this will safe you a lot of money , and time I got my HD back and working in 6mins on a 500MHZ Dell :cool:

2. mikehd

mikehd Registered Member

My experience with the product does not support this statement. I have created Secure Zone on the boot C: drive successfully, created the image in the SZ, then restored from it during boot with F11.

Yes, it does make a hidden partition when you do this. But you shouldn't have to make a partition separately from the TI SZ creation process.

3. carlosmas

carlosmas Registered Member

This is how I got acronis to work for me, I dont say do the same , I try what you say but I got a fatal error under win98se .Plus by getting a second partiton you can save important files, video , etc when the recovery is done.

4. mikehd

mikehd Registered Member

Ah, I'm running WinXP Pro SP2. Perhaps it behaves differently under 98SE.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello carlosmas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Acronis offers you a powerful tool for disk partitioning Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/). It will allow you to create any partitions you wish.

Acronis True Image should be able to create Acronis Secure Zone even if you have only one C: partition. If you encounter any problems with it please send a letter with the description to support@acronis.com. We will certainly help you with the solution.

As for Acronis Bootable CD and Dell computers, please make sure you have create Acronis Bootable CD with the latest build (796) and if the problem persists please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions). This should solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.