This is not the last created volume of the backup archive. Please insert the last cre

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by briandang98, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. briandang98

briandang98 Registered Member

I used TI 10 to full system drive C back up to the USB external hard drive.
    I got the "MyBackup1" file as Acronis True Image Backup Archive but when I tried to validate backup archive it shows:"This is not the last created volume of the backup archive. Please insert the last created volume to start working with this archive." It's the same message when I test to restore my computer with this backup file.
    So What's wrong? How can I back up my system to the external HD and to
    restore from it ?
    Thanks.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try creating the Backup using the bootable True Image Rescue CD. And make sure you have the latest build of version 10, which I think, is 4942.

3. Nakamura

Nakamura Registered Member

Re: This is not the last created volume of the backup archive. Please insert the last

I was getting this error one some of my .tib files, chkdsk /r sorted this out for me.

How to do this:
    Launch Command Prompt:
    Start > run > cmd
    Start Check Disk:
    chkdsk x:/r
    You will need to type this in just change the X for the drive letter your backup files are stored on.
    If it asks you "Would you like to force a dismount on this volume? (Y/N)"
    type in y and press enter. Leave this till it completes, then try and use you backup again.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: This is not the last created volume of the backup archive. Please insert the last

Hello briandang98,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please note that if you are trying to validate one of the several parts of splited full backup archive you need to have all parts of this archive in one folder on your USB drive. Also please note that if you’re trying to validate incremental or differential backup you need to have the whole chain of backups including the initial full backup in one folder on your USB drive too.

As DwnNdrty mentioned could you please try to validate your backup archive booting from Acronis True Image Rescue Media.

If the issue persist could you please try to create a new image archive, then validate (check) it after that and provide us with results?

If the issue will persist again please describe your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this error. Please also send us a screen shot of the error, if possible.

If you are not familiar with making screen shots, please read the below step-by-step instructions.

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture in JPEG format being preferable.

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application;

- Run the application;

- Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;

- Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;

- Make a screen shot;

Please note that the application may crash the system when you exit, so we recommend you to save all your work and close other programs prior to running it.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Fedyulin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.