this is not the first time

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by hadi, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hadi

hadi Guest

on this machine I'm getting (well, see pic) with the splash screen
    can any one guess why. thanks

Attached Files:

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

which tasks do u have enabled/disabled? what are your settings for updates?

3. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    No tasks at all this is a newly installed machine. you can guess how old XP is

Attached Files:

4. WSFuser

no i mean the scheduled tasks. have u tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version? that message is quite weird, so im thinking its caused by some setting. try changing your settings to match blackspears, heres the link.

5. hadi

hadi Guest

I said. its newly installed machine with XP, SP2, Office XP, spywareblaster,ccleaner and NOD trail (untouched. NO BS extra setting or the like). so no scheduled tasks.

6. WSFuser

o wait a minute now i remember. since u didnt change any settings, nod32 automatically hides ur scheduled tasks. well neways maybe someone from eset could help us, but none are online atm.

7. hadi

hadi Guest

I don't like it. it keeps coming. I can't figure it out. luckily the guy is coming tomorrow to collect his machine, therefore I have time to format and let you know.
    OK live and see ohh sorry FORMAT AND SEE.

8. WSFuser

dont u think reformatting ur hard drive is a bit harsh? just uninstall and reinstall and then change the settings to match blackspears. just try before u reformat.

9. hadi

hadi Guest

Why harsh.I tried install/uninstall, tried versions 2.50.25, 19, 16, betas to no avail. I don't need BS settings at this stage.

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The message is supposed to show up only if you click on the Automatic update checkbox in the update panel. Weird...

11. PlexShaw

PlexShaw Registered Member

Strange indeed. He could try enabling silent mode to see if that stops the message appearing.

NOD32 System Tools>NOD32 System Setup>Setup>On the 'General' (tab), under 'Silent mode' put a check in the box next to 'Enable silent mode'.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2005
  12. hadi

hadi Guest

Either this machine doesn't like NOD or viceversa
    have to install another AV for this machine
    even after a FORMAT/INSTALL the problem re-appeared
    has any one faced such a problem with celeron

Attached Files:

13. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

nope - sorry - I have a celeron 2.4ghz machine we keep for browsing/testing of web pages in all sorts of browsers, but it was component upgraded from 2.1.3 to 2.5.19 and then 2.5.25 - so it's not had a full 2.5 install performed on it ever.

regards

Greg

14. WSFuser

sry nod32 didnt work for u but i hope u find another AV that u like and that works.

15. hadi

hadi Guest

On another machine (2.4GHz Celeron) NOD is ok

Attached Files:

16. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have never seen what you are seeing on a fresh install, are you leaving everything as “Typical” when you 1st extract Nod32?

Cheers :D

17. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi Blackspear
    Yes BS. every thing is left (virgin) as is. And from what I am seeing I got rid of all reg cleaning programs I'm only using them to ipoint out problems for the benefit of the others here on this forums

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.