This has turned into a nightmare!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ZZZ7, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZZZ7

ZZZ7 Registered Member

I decided to try a newer version of TRUEIMAGE [9.1] after my problems with the promotional version 7!

I have a lot of images made with the older version so I thought I would give this another chance ,well after installing it on my XP PRO ,I get this error that it can't detect any drives!

I searched the forum and found the SnapAPI_I_s_e.exe suggested and ran it with logging disabled!

It supposedly repaired the drivers but I still get this error?

Wth is going on with this programo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O??

Attached Files:

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Do you have GoBack installed? Make the bootable TI Rescue CD, boot with it and see if the same thing happens.

3. ZZZ7

ZZZ7 Registered Member

No Goback isn't installed and I can't create a bootable cd because of my original problem of Cdrecord.exe freezing the program!

So basically I've got all these images I made with version 6 that are totally useless because I have 3 versions of Trueimage that won't bloody work!

Surely I'm not the only person in the world with this error and there has to be a solution for the drives not showing!

I run a dual boot and create and restore images from inside Windows............at least I did till this debacle!

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Do a search in the forum for that error: E000101F4. Several topics come up. One of them might have a solution for you.

5. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

The next thing to do would be to run the Acronis Report program and re-install the snapapi drivers with logging enabled.

Then send it to support@acronis.com with a link to this thread.

Acronis Report

Unit.

6. ZZZ7

ZZZ7 Registered Member

My last resort I guess ,cause nothing else has worked!

This is a bloody joke!

I've never seen such screwed up software!

Tried every option in every thread I could find!

Why would anyone buy this product anymore with the problems it's having?

I sure as hell won't be upgrading if and when I ever get one of my 3 versions working again!

7. ZZZ7

ZZZ7 Registered Member

This is mindblowing...........I tried the dam system report tool and now get thiso_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

WTF KIND OF CRAP PROGRAM IS THISo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O?

Attached Files:

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Did you uninstall the previous builds before installing a different one? TI sometimes chokes on upgrading over a previous version. Does the build number showing in Help About at the top of the screen match the build for the currently installed version?

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Off topic post removed.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ZZZ7,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you, please collect the following information that would let us investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a solution?

1) Download the latest version of Acronis drivers once again and install it with enable logging, reproduce the program failure and send us the "snapapi.log" file which is located at C:\. You can also use Windows Search tool (available in Start menu) to find this file.

2) Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

3) Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;

- Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy.

4) Please also make a screen shot of Windows Disk Management by following Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management.

5) Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post of mine.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.