Third try at Returnil

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Completelylost, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Completelylost

Completelylost Registered Member

MIKE, Hi, I first encountered you at the Dell forum, I have since installed Returnil a second time, uninstalled it a second time and reinstalled it a third time. I have sent an email to the support_tech@returnil.com it was returned undeliverable. I pasted the entire msg to the address given in the confirmation reply. Just in case you have been unable to find all the previous msgs. I will relay them here.
    1. 20 secs to start, after Returnil, 2 mins.
    2. Scanning on high takes 4 to 5 hours. 25 malware found. Scanning on med, no malware found.
    3. pausing scan, takes 4 min. to get a continue scan button.
    4. am not sure about reboot to clear virtual mode. What is the button enable or disable for?
    5. Some of my programs have been altered. Secunia PSI 2.0 does not have you listed as installed. Neither does CCleaner. What other of my programs have been affected. And why?
    6. Can scan speed be altered and if so how?
    7. As I have not created a virtual disk, why did a scan of Z: drive occur?
    8. I was going to ask about Windows update, but read a topic already about how I will have to reboot and then go online without virtual mode to install updates.
    9. There are 25 malwares in quarantine, what do I do with them? They have been uploaded.
    10. That is all for now. Still not sure if I want this or not. Sincerely Liz.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Completelylost and welcome to the forums :)

We received your support inquiry despite the sending issue and have replied. In case there is any issue with you getting our reply, please see your PM for a cut and paste of the exact same information.

Mike

3. Completelylost

Coldmoon, yes I have rcvd and email from support and replied to it. Thank You, Liz. And the sending issue was my fault as I had typed support_tech and not support-tech. Sorry.

4. Completelylost

Hi, me again, I just read your msg and should I reply to the questions here? in case yes, I will ask about any that are unanswered as I did in the email. Here goes, for startup, I was asked to give a more detailed account as I did not have the wipe all disk changes activated. Dell logo 5 sec, Winxp 15 sec, welcome screen 1 min and 45, sec, desktop 1 min before hour glass goes away. Still not sure about my quarantines as I did not ask that of support, what do I do with them? leave them and what if they are a part of my os to operate, though everything seems ok att. And another question I forgot to submit to support is what is the difference between the desktop interface and the system tray interface? Everything else has been answered. Liz.

5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Continue the support inquiry via the support ticket. Trying to follow it here and then cross reference with support can cause delays.

Mike

6. Completelylost

Mike, thank you, Liz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.