Thinking of trying TI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by roundabout, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roundabout

roundabout Guest

Hi I was thinking of trying TI. I would like to know if i can copy an exact copy (image) of my current hard drive to a second internal hard drive and then restore it easily with TI?

Do i have to erase the contents of my first hard drive first before i reinstall the image to it?

And how long approximately would it take to restore about 10gb of data from my backup drive, with the image on it, back to the original drive? Thanks for any help.

2. Death

Death Registered Member

I'd postpone that until I see techsupport actually responding to someone,
    otherwise you'd be in the same mess I am in. I got a machine I can't really do anything with until I hear from techsupport,
    and they aren talking...

3. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Of course.

Nope.

Assuming you meant GB, probably under 10 minutes, depending on the speed of your PC and hard drives.

4. roundabout

roundabout Guest

Thanks for the help/info Wdormann.

5. jayeskay

jayeskay Registered Member

6. Death

Death Registered Member

So did I, except when I bought the real McCoy, it didn't work. The images do not verify...

After the trial I was convinced that this is it, just turned out to be the opposite with the actual retail version...

7. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

The probable catch is that the trial version is the latest build (771) whereas the download version is the buggy 763 build. GOK why. Just get the receipt and activation code when you buy, and do the actual download from the 'updates' section on the acronis site.

8. sapperdeflabber

sapperdeflabber Registered Member

Since they really have GREAT support, I'd recommend you stay away from their buggy program and find a company that actually supports it's products. I have a program not working, and they are probably out fishing or spending the money I paid; communicating status or solving my problem they aren't...

9. Death

Death Registered Member

No, it's the latest build that doesn't work for me and quite a few others from the post here.

<snip>

edited to remove product spam - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.