thinapp nod32 antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rice4lunch, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rice4lunch

rice4lunch Registered Member

anyone successfully thinapped this app? please tell me the procedures if you have. (also avg is fine too).

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Hi, you really can't go wrong in just following the very few instructions.

screens...

Attached Files:

3. rice4lunch

were you able to run it? my problem was that it didn't run after building it. if it worked for you, then i'll reinstall and capture it again.

thanks.
    rice

4. Jaki

Jaki Guest

It is not possible. I tried it when I had a NOD license, it crashed my computer over and over. The problems are the dedicated drivers that NOD installed on a computer during the installation process. Drivers as far as I can tell you cannot be made virtual.

However, a scanner for on-demand access could, for example the ClamAV on-demand scanner already is. Please refer to:

http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/clamwin_portable

However, if one tool does not work, try another one, if you have not done so already. Try Altiris Juice available at:

http://www2.altiris.com/juice/svs/

OR

Xenocode at: http://www.xenocode.com/

Maybe one of these tools could eventually virtualised an anti-virus on-access
    scanner drivers.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
  5. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Hi, using Nod32 on demand worked fine and I could make detections, everything else worked apart from realtime which would not start and remained disabled.

6. rice4lunch

meriadoc: how did you do your capture? did you uninstall nod32 before testing the snapshot. or did you tested it on a fresh machine. what version are you using? can you give me more info? like nero6 for ex, it worked. but then after i uninstall nero, i couldn't add files for burning.

jaki: thanks for telling me about xenocode. its a feature rich product, although a bit confusing (comming from a thinapp enviroment.) it worked for nod32 on the evaluation version. but the price tag is toooooo steep.

svs, i have that. but i'm looking for portability.
    clamwin, well it sux. i had this trojan that wasn't detected. then i extracted the exe w/ 7zip and scaned again. then and only then does it report it as a trojan.

7. rice4lunch

ohhh i got it. thanks for your help guys.

Don't know if it was a bad capture the first time around or what, but during the installation of nod32, i choose custom and disabled everything. and then it worked this time.

thanks.
    happy new year

8. Jaki

Jaki Guest

If you look thou should find. Nahh I'm kidding, just kidding.

Peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.