THGuard.exe = a trojan ???

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Perman, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi folks and my friends@Ewido: I installed a trial version of Trojan Hunter 4.5 today and run daily scan(full) with updated Ewido (signature 365,009). Guess what has Ewido detected? It has flagged THGuard.exe as a Backdoor.Rbot, high risk. Can someone tell that it is not possibleo_O :D

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

It maybe a false positive. You may submit your sample here:

http://www.ewido.net/en/contact/

3. ericfr

ericfr Registered Member

The resident shield of Trojanhunter has that name. I bet it's a FP.

If you want to be 150% ;) sure, submit it to e.g. Jotti if it has not been corrected yet.

Regards
    ericfr

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: After reading you guys' response, I am 99% sure that it is an unfortunate F.P. Bcz Ewido has clearly pinpointed the location C:\program file\Trojan Hunter 4.5\THGuard.exe .:mad:

5. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

What Windows OS are you running? ewido 4.0.0.172 plus is not flagging THGuard.exe (V4.5, Build 924) either in memory or on my disk. Latest ewido updates too. Am running Windows XP-SP2, Home Edition

6. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Please send us this THGuard.exe that will be detected as a Backdoor. We downloaded the latest version of TH and scanned it of course with the latest version of the ewido software and no files of the TH software will be detected.

Use this website to send us the file:
    http://www.ewido.net/en/contact/

7. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

maybe it is a cracked version with backdoor in it?

8. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hm...yes, maybe

@Perman
    Where did you get this trial version? From the official site?

9. ericfr

ericfr Registered Member

@perman:

Did you submit it to e.g. Jotti. Results?

ericfr

10. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: Thanks for your concern. My O/S is window XP, sp2. I did not download from the official site. And I have since noticed that although TH scanner is v.4.5.build 924, the THguard is v.4.5 build 275. Does this deviation cause this alerto_O?

11. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

THGuard V4.5, Build 275 corresponds to the official download site. I do recommend that you go to http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter/ and download the V4.5, Build 924 from this official site. Then totally uninstall your current TH and re-install using the source from the Mischel site. Be sure to have available your License.tlf which is the valid licensing file.

12. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Pleeease, first submit the file in question to us as if it is a real rbot, you might be in big trouble!

13. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: Thank you all for the support. I have since deleted the folder in question and d/l new one from official site, it appears all is fine. Thank you siliconman,I have read your input at TH forum, very impressive indeed. Peter, I have deleted old one, sorry ,not able to help you this time. If I remember correctly, early build of TH 4.5 had some phone home feature, and the file of THGuard is a early build, perhaps there was some sort of link. Thanks.

14. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

I personally dont use cracked programs but I admit that this showed by ewido when the trojan hunter is a cracked version.:cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.