They Want Me To UNINSTALL my AV Program!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by durleste, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. durleste

durleste Registered Member

Most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. After weeks of going round and round with Acronis tech support, trying to resolve a series of problems (basically, like most everyone else reported, it installs fine, then stops working, hangs the system, forces hard reboots, generates corrupted sector errors, and fails to complete backups, etc. I couldn't even unintsall and had to request instructions for a full manual uninstall) they come up with the most bizarre request I have ever heard in 25 years of computer usage.

Their latest sugegstion is that NAV drivers are interfering with the operation of Acronis TI8, and they want me to UNINSTALL my antivirus software. I don't know about you, but if other software can't co-exist with software as well-worn and well-used as NAV, then I think I'll drop the other software and keep my NAV. Before I would even consider such a drastic step, I would have to disconnect my computer from the net, and basically have a disconnected computer while trying to see if I can get TI8 to work. So I have to give up hours of my productive time in order to get their product, for which I paid a ridiculous $30 upgrade fee for what was essentially a maintenance release anyway that doesn't even work? Who are you kidding, Acronis?

I don't get it., TI6 & 7 performed flawlessly for me. What did they have to go and f*ck with it? I can't wait another 6 weeks to have a working backup and imaging solution.

Anybody have a recommendation for a safer, more reliable product than TI8? Seems there's at least a sizbale number of users out there having problems, so I think it's time to abandon ship. Sorry, Acronis, but it was your bad move and your loss. And your customer service response time sucks eggs. It should not take days to get a response. Unelss, of course, you are overwhelemed with complaints and problems. Hmmmm.

Now, how do I get my $30 back?

Adrian A. Durlester

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Norton apps tend to conflict with a lot of things.. ever considered trying a different AV?

3. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Like Notok said Norton programs don't work with a lot of software out there. If you cannot find a way around your current situation you might try using Nortons version of TI.

4. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

I'm not a fan of Norton. BUT, if you use non-windows imaging software like Bootit ng, then you will never encounter SOFTWARE conflict because these proggies run OUTSIDE of windows' environment.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Have you tried running TI8 from the Recovery CD. That gets it outside of windows.

Pete

PS I agree about Norton.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Could you please let me know the Acronis ticket number of your request? I will alert this problem to our Development Team and we will do our best in order to help you.

Thank you.

7. Omen

Omen Registered Member

Hmmmm.

I run Norton Internet Security with TI8 without any problems whatsoever.

I'd really like to hear what these conflicts are, so I can be proactive in debugging potential problems.

8. MiVi

MiVi Registered Member

If TI7 worked fine for you, then go back to TI7. Simple.
    And ask for the 30 bucks back.

9. GeeeAus

GeeeAus Registered Member

Just a quick few ideas the came to mind.

A. Have you tried disabling Norton's Auto Protect and its associated stuff.

B. If you are using NT 2000 or XP you should be able to manually close down most of the Norton system processes using the task manager. Then run your cloning operation again.

Your post does not mention which build you are using. I'm aware of #774 having some quite major issues for some users. Personally I have elected to stay with #771 for this reason.

C. If you are using the initial release, try downloading the most current version, which I think is at this time #774 unfortunately..... :eek:

D. The boot CD suggestion I saw above was also a good one. Try this also.

E. Another thing you could do just to be sure is disable notron (temporarily) and tell it not to start up with windows. Then reboot your PC and try cloning again.

Lots of potential solutions are open to you.

I understand your dislike for how long the support replies are taking, but bear with Acronis; they would receive lots of E-mail and are probably experiencing a few growing pains.

I think their software probably has more users than they anticipated it would in such a short time. They’re probably a bit small to cope with huge influxes of E-mails right away.

An Acronis support team member posts on these forums, that shows me how committed the company and staff are to customer satisfaction. ☺

You said yourself that you used TI6 and TI7 and they worked. Acronis software is generally very very good considering how young and innovative the technologies they are using are.

I don't mean to appear to shout at you, I’m Not.
    --But must stress that.--

"NO OTHER CLONING / IMAGING TOOL EVEN ALLOWS YOU TO WORK ON THE BOOT PARTITION IN WINDOWS"

There are bound to be some issues/limitations.

Help Acronis help you by working through some of these suggestions.

You may find that in your case the combination of your Windows configuration, AV and any other resident applications / utilities you are using combine to create the issues you are experiencing.

Acronis can't possibly test every conceivable scenario, there are just too many.

Regards

GeeeAus
    Australia

P.S.

TIP: With all Acronis software the best way to give yourself more options when things don’t work is simple.

KEEP YOUR BUILD HISTORY FOR A RAINY DAY, when the new fails sometimes the old still works.

Saved my bacon so so many times.

Cheers & Best Of Luck With Your Difficulties ☺

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.